Happy Halloween!

Okay its not Halloween yet, but in our town we trick or treat tonight, not on the 31. What is everyone going to be doing? I’ll either be watching our towns stupid parade, or watching scary movies till i barf,

Going to travel for a 5-days holiday. We have no Haloween here, though.

No Halloween either, yet a certain sickening trend to “integrate with the global culture” present in our population has been trying to shove that goddamned custom down our throats for several years now. Besides, it’s too damn hot to leave Pumpkins around anyway, I hate that smell.

I’m trick-or-treating then eating the candy then spending the rest of the night playing scary games and movies till I barf :stuck_out_tongue: All of these activities shall be completed in my costume.

I got a rock.

And some trigonometry too. So no I wont be wearing my shades, a hat, and dark clothes and trick or treat as a catburgler/terrorist this year.:fungah:

Anyone who trick or treats on any other night than the 31st deserves no and should get no candy.

Dude don’t blame the kids, blame the idiots who run our town who thinks this makes our town (the only one in america to do this) so wicked awesome and cool we deserve rock and roll glasses.

Damn it if I could leave this damn rock of a town, I would.

Though not all bad, hell kids in this town can trick or treat tonight, and then go thirty miles north or south in their parents cars, and do it on halloween in a different town

No ToT tomorrow because of our “Mardi Gras” Parade.

Would stay up watching scary movies and such if it weren’t for school …Stupid badly placed holiday. >_<

I’m going trick-or-treating with a couple of my friends, but that’s about it.

I miss Halloween; since it falls at such an inconvenient time, I haven’t even so much as hung out with friends on it since I was a junior in high school.

Today, for example, I’m going to be writing a crappy paper and making a crappy presentation until I go to my classes, after which I need to sleep. No Halloween this year, again :frowning:

My boss seems to think Halloween is one of the busiest pizza days of the year, so I’m working tonight.

Nothing, absolutely nothing. We’ve really no reason to celebrate it, and so it’s nothing more than a cheap commerical farce and an excuse to get candy from complete strangers. Well, might scare a few children, I suppose.

Going to go take my little sister out for a bit for trick-or-treating, then going to my friends house to watch some horror movies, then go egging, and then going to a costume party!!
This is going to be one busy night! :slight_smile:

I might go trick-or-treating. Not that I need the candy it’ll just give me time to be with some friends. Oh and for school today I wore cat ears. Been awhile since I had anything new for a costume :D.

Of course we have Halloween here. We copy EVERYTHING they do on the USA (good or bad) :frowning: But my sister won’t let my nephew go trick-or-treating. It’a a PAGAN holiday, don’t you know. :smiley: I pointed out to her Xmas began as a pagan tradition as well, but I don’t think she believed me.

Oh well, maybe it’s for the best. Halloween isn’t very safe around here, because some kids have taken to do nasty pranks- not things like toilet-papering houses, but more like pelting people or houses with rotten eggs or even stones, taking advantage of their costumes to hide their identities. Our punks have no class.
:noway:

We get a mid-term break at this time.

Week of no school!

All too true Wil. Oh and you might want to point out that Easter began as a pagan tradition too, or at least a lot of the elements from it. Hell the name Easter itself is Pagan. Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of Fertility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfredo Martinez
Of course we have Halloween here. We copy EVERYTHING they do on the USA (good or bad) :frowning: But my sister won’t let my nephew go trick-or-treating. It’a a PAGAN holiday, don’t you know. :smiley: I pointed out to her Xmas began as a pagan tradition as well, but I don’t think she believed me.

Oh well, maybe it’s for the best. Halloween isn’t very safe around here, because some kids have taken to do nasty pranks- not things like toilet-papering houses, but more like pelting people or houses with rotten eggs or even stones, taking advantage of their costumes to hide their identities. Our punks have no class.

All too true Wil. Oh and you might want to point out that Easter began as a pagan tradition too, or at least a lot of the elements from it. Hell the name Easter itself is Pagan. Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of Fertility.

Most religions are pagan or pagan-based.Christmas is pagan-based even if it celebrates Christ’s birth,but the idea was originally used by the Wiccans as yule,they woud burn a yule log and sign carols,pass out gifts,eat,and everything else we basiclly do on Christmas.I also found these which I believe is why people take pagan’s definition and make it evil.
Q: Do you worship Satan?
A: Satan is a part of the Christian and Muslim religions. Since pagans are neither Christian nor Muslim, Satan is not part of our deity structure at all.
Q: So why do you use that “Satanic” symbol?
A: The pentagram, or five pointed star, is not Satanic. Pythagoras used it as a symbol of health and his followers wore them in order to recognize one another. In Medieval times, some Christian knights used the pentagram as their symbol. To modern Wiccans the pentagram means many things; The five points correspond to the elements Air, Earth, Fire and Water with the top point corresponding to “Spirit”.

Satanists took the Wiccan elements and used them as their own, just as Christians and Muslims have done. Actually all religions kinda borrow, so there is nothing new there.

Satanists took the Wiccan elements and used them as their own, just as Christians and Muslims have done. Actually all religions kinda borrow, so there is nothing new there.

True.Stupid satanists giving pagan religions a bad icon…How would satanists like it if we took Satan and made him do GOOD things?Also all modern day religions are Pagan,evolved from Pagan religions,or borrowed from Pagan religions so that doesn’t explain why most people think Pagan=Evil.I mean big deal,my religion came before yours,you don’t have to burn me at the stake for it!

I’m pretty sure that they wouldn’t give a shit as satanists are just, and I quote, “violently atheist”.