Happy Ending

Remember the Yu-gi-Oh thread?

Things ended well. The program attacked Yu-gi-Oh on Monday and on Tuesday it extended to M:tG (I only knew of this yesterday).

On Thursday, it went broadcast live again, but this time the host took some people to discuss Card games. They were a psichologist, a theologist, a card game event organizer (he was executive to some company and stuff), the president of a beneficent organization, a M:tG contest judge, the principal of a school and three child actors who are pretty famous here.

Results: the psichologist showed how healthy the game can be and he even demonstrated he plays it. everybody then speaked about the game, how it only showed two sides of life - good and bad. BTW, the program had only showed M:tG black cards and Yu-gi-Oh fiend cards. The guests took cards from all colors and types and showed there were “good” cards in the games too.

The theologist was the most fun. No matter how rational everybody’s arguments were, he always attacked the game caliming they were transmitting subliminar messages, and that they focused on the “11 satanistic rules”. He was the sole attacker of the games since the beggining of the transmition. The host took a neutral stance at first and then became a defender too.

At every thing somebody said, the theologist had a face that looks like the face of a bull when it’s about to charge. He attacked values from religions other than his own (evangelic or something). He attacked even christain religions after the executive showed that the Pope had blessed the Pokémon Card Game! LOL!

It gets best: the kids at the program showed they were mature enough to know the difference between good and evil, and they gave a class on ethics and good behavior by demonstrating that they were good persons despite playing games that depict evil things. And that they won’t steal or kill for playing games and how they learned things and values from playing.

I’ll post more details later… Dude, that really made my night yesterday :smiley:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! As I usually say, some kids are much more rational than most adults! Only a retard would try to make Magic look like something demonic. Of course, if they only wanted to show the black cards… That was a biased action.
After all, there are five colors in the game, and the creatures have a really wide range. The game is harmless, unless someone really stupid starts getting ideas. But those crusader wannabes… Come on! They attack EVERYTHING, just because they want to look righteous… Bunch of ignorant fools if you ask me. They belong in the Stone Age! They are completely insane… First the Taliban, then this…

Very true. A lot of times I see children more mature than adults. That’s a good thing Ren.

That is true. Kind of sad when man got pissed over little comments that he didn’t like because it wasn’t his opinion.

Comparing the Taliban (who threw acid in faces of women, among other things) to overzealous evangelists (who try to ban card games) is a TAD bit OVERREACTING, Manus.

Besides, we all know that the only thing these guys understand is accepting their own ideals. I personally have wanted to go postal on every single fucker that says this, but daaaaaaaamn.

Next, he’ll blame Street Fighter for being able to pick a demon (Akuma, due to crappy Capcom of USA translation, was supposed to be a demon and looks quite demonic like) and play as him. Watch as it unfolds!

Originally posted by Igatona
Next, he’ll blame Street Fighter for being able to pick a demon (Akuma, due to crappy Capcom of USA translation, was supposed to be a demon and looks quite demonic like) and play as him. Watch as it unfolds!

Yeah, he even said in the program that videogames, RPG & card games are all played the same way. That almost got my brain into a knot.

Some things that were said:

theologist: in the anime Yu-gi-Oh, the protagonist is POSSESSED by an ancient spirit, and let me tell you all that ‘ancient spirit’ is a reference to satanism [Ren’s note: I think he should have said Ch’tullism]. This said spirit makes the child commit evil acts, such as playing card-dealing games, which you all know is as sinnery as is poker and blackjack.

executive: excuse me… But i must say those things are wrong. Yu-gi is trully the reincarnation of a powerful pharaoh who saved the world from shadows centuries ago. For another point, I think people here don’t take poker and blackjack as sins [audience agrees]. And lastly, you will watch the whole series and won’t find Yu-gi comitting a single evil act.

theologist: but don’t the characters fight violently against each other?

M:tG contest judge: in card games, there is a lot of mutual respect among players. In the championships where I am judge, they salute each other before the duel. See, they don’t fight, they duel. And after the duel, they thank each other for the honor of disputing with them.

executive: in the anime, every character duels for a purpose. Parents might know well one of them called Joe. He duels to get the prize of a championship sponsored by a company. He will use this prize to pay for a surgery that will recover his sister’s sight.

theologist: then, in another game, by the name of Magic, there are these cards: look, it says land. One of the 11 satanistic rules dictates that [he picks a small book. thinking back to that moment, I don’t think a religious leader would have reasons to walk around with a book on satanism in his pocket.] “if someone is walking in your territories, and you don’t like their attitude, stop them and say that. If they don’t change their attitude, you have the right to harm them and even destroy them.” So, isn’t it what happens in Magic? When the opponent invades your… Swamp, you stop him and try to destroy him?

Note: there is no censore way you could “invade” someone’s lands in magic.

another good passage:

host (to a 9-year-old kid): (kid’s name), what is that in your hand?

kid: Wall of illusions.

host: it looks like a demon. Don’t you think it’s evil?

kid: well… I am old enough to know the difference between good and evil. This one is not an evil card. It looks ugly but it protects Yu-gi because it is loyal to him, I mean, loyal as a pet is.

host: but it oculd be evil if it’s protecting someone evil, and Yu-gi uses fiends to fight.

kid: those fiends aren’t real. It’s like a videogame. Just because I play a violent game doesn’t mean I will harm people in real life. I think everybody here watches violent things on TV. But they don’t go murdering people for that, too.

Yay for the Anti-Anti people!

cheers

EDIT: For a supposed preacher of God, that guy knows an awful lot about supposed Satanism…

Originally posted by Phoenix Valkyrie
[b]Yay for the Anti-Anti people!

cheers

EDIT: For a supposed preacher of God, that guy knows an awful lot about supposed Satanism… [/b]

No, he is quite unnacurate. Satanism is a religion that was destroyed by early catholicists. There are very few representants of this religion these days. Their religion has no good vs. evil stuff. They were declared as evil worshippers for worshipping a goat-headed God, whom the church lovely renamed to Satan after the cult died officialy.

They believe in Karma, though they have another name for it. They say if you do something good, you’ll get good things in your life, and if you do bad, your life will bring you bad stuff. The difference is that they say people are able to distort this karma in some ways.

I’m going too deep on this… Let us just go back to card games…

Originally posted by Ren
[b]No, he is quite unnacurate. Satanism is a religion that was destroyed by early catholicists. There are very few representants of this religion these days. Their religion has no good vs. evil stuff. They were declared as evil worshippers for worshipping a goat-headed God, whom the church lovely renamed to Satan after the cult died officialy.

They believe in Karma, though they have another name for it. They say if you do something good, you’ll get good things in your life, and if you do bad, your life will bring you bad stuff. The difference is that they say people are able to distort this karma in some ways.

I’m going too deep on this… Let us just go back to card games… [/b]

You’re completely wrong on what Satanism is.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

What I want to know is where they get these so-called “theologians” to represent religion… these guys are fanatics even to the most devout.

Hell, I know several Catholics who played Magic, and these were some of the most devout. It’s just sick and wrong that its always the loudest that get all the attention.

What is it with thez people? I see nothing wrong with playing, watching, and dueling Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic cards. It’s not like the cards are going to come to life and tell us to do bad things…:fungah:

Those guys are nothing but stupid jerks with too much time on their hands…

Originally posted by Rountree
[b]You’re completely wrong on what Satanism is.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html [/b]

Roun, they say they are the first organization, and yet they also say it started in 1966. Real satanism dates back to babylonian times. Many pseudo-cults nowadays claim to be satanists, and that they are “the only true one”, but that’s just it - pseudo-cultism. Also, they use the pentagram, which, up to where I know, is not a satanic symbol. The worst, though, is when they get into diabolical things.

Originally posted by Ren
Roun, they say they are the first organization, and yet they also say it started in 1966. Real satanism dates back to babylonian times. Many pseudo-cults nowadays claim to be satanists, and that they are “the only true one”, but that’s just it - pseudo-cultism. Also, they use the pentagram, which, up to where I know, is not a satanic symbol. The worst, though, is when they get into diabolical things.

Another source.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanism.htm

You are confusing pagan religions with Satanic ones.

Ren, i didn’t saw the tv show, but some friends of mine said that they said some things about manga and anime too… is that true? If it is, man, i wonder what does brazilian people haves inside his heads…
(in the case you’re wondering, yeah, i’m from brazil too)

Shut the fuck up about Yu-gi-oh! You make another thread about fucking yu-gi-oh… and I’ll TELL YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AGAIN!!!

Originally posted by Yamaneko
Ren, i didn’t saw the tv show, but some friends of mine said that they said some things about manga and anime too… is that true? If it is, man, i wonder what does brazilian people haves inside his heads…
(in the case you’re wondering, yeah, i’m from brazil too)

All they said about the anime and manga was how they show a fight between good vs. evil and good wins. It focused more on showing the content of the cards and showing they were not “pentagrams of beast-summoning”

And Roun: I rather say what I’ve learned by direct contact. I’ve been there, close to some statues of Baphomet (for those who think I went into cultism: I was just paying them a visit, the place was really clean and there were no sacrifices of any kind there). Since I’ve been in contact with so-said satanists of Europe and other countries here in South America, I’ll just stick to what I saw.

This is worse than a medievel witch hunt… That kids card depicts a demon, HE’S A SATANIST!!!

Card games are supposed to be a fun way to pass time.

Hoorj for Brizillian Child Actors!