Happy Easter!

Oh ok. Always wondered.

The Easter Bunny is the son of god, and died for our sins.

And this is why people who think they’re insightful but are just stupid shouldn’t talk about religions they’re not a part of and have spent no time whatsoever studying seriously.

Christianity didn’t steal any of it’s holidays. They’re all uniquely Christian. The reason a lot of you are so confused is because a couple of self-proclaimed intellectuals (the old men you see on religious documentaries who actually know fuck-all about any religion) who hate Christianity noticed that a few of their holidays are on other cultures’ feast days, and started spreading rumors about stealing them. (What that was supposed to accomplish, I have no idea.)

What ACTUALLY happened is because during the first few centuries after Jesus’ death, before Constantine made it the official religion of the Roman Empire, Christians were persecuted and killed, especially if they were found celebrating their beliefs. So they decided to place them on the same days as Roman and Greek feast days, so they could publicly celebrate with other Christians and not be conspicuous. And that’s why Christianity’s religious holidays are on the same days as older religious holidays.

The End. ^^

They don’t, but they have a lot to do with Christianity’s bad reputation. You already know that an incident like this is going to turn people off of Christianity because it’s all they ever hear about, even though only about one in a million Christians is fucking retarded like they’re all being generalized as by the insignificant minority’s actions. cries

We’re not talking about a few: We’re talking about a lot, a whole lot.
And, at least in Norway, the Church has admitted it: They’ve repressed already existing holidays with Christian reasons for the same holidays. Just like they built churches ontop of already existing areas of worship.

A few/a lot of what? And The Church doesn’t have the power to repress existing holidays into Christian ones. The only thing they have in common are dates, for the reasons I’ve already said. That Christian Holidays became more popular than non-christian holidays is just karma.

And just so you know, anything a Christian church has “admitted” to is just to appease people like you.

A lot of holidays.
And you keep on believing what you’ve been told; and I’ll keep on beliving what I’ve been told.

And the church has been more than powerful enough to repress existing holidays: No one remembers the orginal cause of Yule/Christmas; at least no one that hasn’t looked into it does.

“Easter is that magical time of year when Jesus rises from the dead to feed on the flesh of the living.”

Or in this case: Beat an innocent rabbit!

or even better, feed on the flesh of an innocent rabbit after beating it!

And the world has reached a even lower low.

And then BURNINATE IT!

We all know that focusing on how Jesus died is all that matters :slight_smile:

“Oh- they didn’t steal them… they just put the holidays on the same days and celebrated in similar ways.”

Yeah, think about that.

EDIT: Oh- and they didn’t even bother covering up that Easter was a pagan holiday. Easter was even called… EASTER for fuck’s sake! =p

Easter means “omfg satan worhip” in japanese even!

Wow…whipping things, freudian conceit, self-destruction and vice. That just SCREAMS Easter. :smiley:

This wouldn’tve kicked up any dust if it were an indie film, but in a church play…eh…interpretive artsy stuff is not expected to be welcomed with that audience.

And the world has reached a even lower low.

All to true.

What can I say? People shouldn’t whip the Easter Bunny!

Well, since I don’t know the exact extent of your vocabulary, “what can I say” is a difficult question to answer.