Happy Black Friday!

For those of you who do not know what this means. Today the would be Santas are lining up in front of a local retailer near you, and camping out at the front gates for a few hours like many current PS3 owners as well as the unlucky fan boys during the “PS3 launch”. (Execpt, of course, that this ritual tends to be more violent and less civilized than any other store camping events.)

So who’s straping on their combat gear for the ones they love? (Or just don’t like but are trying not to look like a bitch during Xmas.)

Editor’s Note: And yes I do realize that only a few people are going to get this.

I’m going to hide in my mom’s house. Which works, since she lives out in the sticks, and the nearest store here is a convenience store.

What people don’t learn is, no-matter how big the discounts are, it’s cheaper to just kill one of the shoppers and steal everything they bought.

Works Cited: Various Authors, Roman Empire. Postclassical Publications, Rome, 476.

That’s why the Spartan model worked. The money was heavy, so you either had little, were ultra strong or hired a bunch of goons to help you carry it. The Romans didn’t have that system and they got pwnd.

Works cited: Age of Empires, The Rise of Rome expansion.

I hid in my house all day since I’m home for Thanksgiving weekend and I had to finish an essay anyway. My town itself isn’t too bad, as for the NEIGHBORING town that has the Wal-Mart, Circuit City, and a lot of the other major retailers, apparently it was chaotic.

Yay, let’s camp out in line overnight for crap we can buy online for just as much! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Less, actually. Cyber Monday (the coming Monday, so dubbed by retailers) is predicted to have all time low prices because so many companies are trying to one-up each other.

working for walmart, I thought you ment the Day after thanksgiving. The most unholiest of days in which customers are at their most chaotic and just most idiotic. (Yes, that means some of you too, I’m sure.)

I heard someone got nailed with a buggy at a wal-mart around here. That’s about it, though.

I just about got clipped like 5 times from idiots RUNNING across the store with carts. Fucking idiots. My customer tolerance is pretty low during the rest of the year, but on blitz (waht we call BF) it’s nonexistant.

I think the amusing thing is, I noticed a few articles in the papers recently about Black Friday, and how it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. One even asked the question “Maybe it’s jsut a myth?” Now, I have neevr worked retail, I admit, but even I had to laugh and wonder where the fuck these people did their research.

This is the time of year I actually enjoy working for a grocery store. Nobody bothers us for about a week after Thanksgiving. :slight_smile:

I worked it last year. I sold over $1,000 worth of product in ten minutes. At Walgreens. Never again.