Greetings from my new Laptop!

Dear God. A HP D4170US with a 1.73 Ghz Centrino Processor, 100 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD RW, and a 15.4" TruBrite Screen (which is so sexy it’s actually mindboggling.

I LOVE IT!

Sorry, had to brag.

That’s a nice laptop. HP makes a good system these days. I ordered an HP laptop the other day, myself. According to FedEx, it’ll be arriving on Wednesday. Here’s my stats:

<B>Compaq Presario X6000</B>
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
• Intel® Pentium® 4 630 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz
• 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050)
• 256MB DDR2 SDRAM, 400 MHz (1x256MB) [I have a 1GB stick waiting for it, don’t worry. :D]
• 80GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
• DVD±RW/R & CD-RW Combo w/ Double Layer Support
• 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ X600
• 54g™ Integrated Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
• 12 Cell LiIon Battery

Of course, my company’s helping pay for it. Laptop’s are awesome. :smiley:

Oh yeah, I also have 1024 DDR SDRAM or something. Whatever that shit means, I have a gig of it.

That’s awesome. Memory like that is really what determines the speed of a computer these days. And with that Centrino, you’re going to get a helluva battery life. I just hope you have a wireless network set up, so you can utilize that machine to its fullest.

Oh I do.

Boy do I ever :slight_smile:

This machine is college bound!

It’s a HP. Eww.

Acer Travelmate 81001WLMI
[ul]
[li]Windows XP Professional SP2.
[/li][li]Pentium M 1.6GHz (Sonata) 533FSB.
[/li][li]15.4" WSXGA+ Active Matrix TFT Colour LCD ( 1680x1050 ).
[/li][li]ATI Mobility Radeon X700, 128MB.
[/li][li]512MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz Dual Channel.
[/li][li]60GB HDD.
[/li][li]DVD+RW ROM ( MediaBay Hot-swappable ).
[/li][li]Integrated Intel PRO ABG Wireless.
[/li][li]Integrated 10/100/1000 Broadcom NIC.
[/li][li]Integrated 56K Modem.
[/li][li]Bluetooth.
[/li][li]Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) 71Wh Standard ( approx. 4H ).
[/li][li]FlashCard Reader ( Supports SD, MMC, Memory Stick, and xD ).
[/li][li]SmartCard Reader.
[/li][li]PC-Card Type II.
[/li][/ul]
Cheap was it too. *Hugs Acer.

niiiiice. You people make me envious D:

Next paycheck, I’m ordering one of these, 'cept with a Polymer battery.

Fujitsu Siemens (it’s all I know >.>)
[ol]
[li]1.2 Ghz CPU.
[/li][li]256MB Memory.
[/li][li]Win 2k.
[/li][/ol]

That’s about it. It’s old, it reboots all the time it can’t play games for shit, but I love it anyway’s, since it was also free and I can’t afford a new oneI can’t complain.

I’ve been eager to get one myself, but I still need to see what’s available.

I’d also like to mention that my laptop has a remote control.

That is all.

Ugh… how can you stand such a sluggish drive? I didn’t know they still made 5400 rpm drives anymore.

They still make 4200 RPM hard drives, actually, and 4200 is standard in laptops. No laptop sells with a 7200 RPM hard drive (at least, not in America). Those must be custom ordered. And they usually cost a fortune.

I hope things are different in Europe than they are in America, because over here, Acer stopped selling machines for a few years because no one would buy them, and now that they’re back, they only sell low end machines that break easily. I hear they’re headquartered in Australia or something, so their machines might be better elsewhere. HP, however, is headquartered about 6 blocks from my house, so if something goes wrong, they’ll know… :smiley:

ah… I can barely stand the seek times on my 80 GB drive running at 7200 RPM, though that is largely due to my old computer having a 5400 RPM 1.2 GB drive, so it really didn’t have much to seek in the first place.

They’re very, very different in Europe, and supposedly Canada and Australia. The only market I’ve read loads of complaints from is the US. Revenge?

Brand New Dell Latitude D810
1.86Ghz Pentium M
1gb Ram
60 gb 5400rpm HD
integrated wifi
15in screen
radon 128mb vid card
dvd/cdrw drive

Grr… It’s been three weeks since I ordered it, and my laptop’s still in Shanghai… >_<

Stupid FedEx. I checked the status on their website, and it says “Package received after FedEx cutoff,” but it still says that it’ll arrive on August 3rd at 10 am… That’s less than 48 hours away… I imagine that it’ll be fast once it gets on the plane and all, but I can’t wait any longer… >_<

[edit] w00t! My laptop has arrived in memphis, tn! :smiley: