GRE

“GRE” as in Graduate Record Examination – the general test, not the subject tests. (Yeah, I’m aware it sounds like another boring thread, and it really is, but I’m sure there are at least a few people here who know what I’m talking about.)

I’ll need to take it in a couple of months. As the uninformed Quebecer that I am who never needed to take any tests to get accepted anywhere, I’d like to know if somebody here took it, or plan to, and how it is (Hard? Incredibly hard? “Bhahaha! You don’t know what you’re talking about because it’s obvious it’s relative to each individual!”?). I know there are practice tests, but it’s not like hearing real feedback from other people than my teachers. Uh, thanks, I guess, though asking that HERE isn’t the best idea I ever got. I won’t be insulted if nobody replies. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m planning on taking the LSAT in a year… which is in the same vein as the GRE. I think those practice books written by Barron’s and the like are really good prep… Does your school have a career center? Ours has all the GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc books to check out, plus the counselors are really helpful. I think it depends more on your test-taking abilities than thinking skills, if the SATs were any indication :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This talk of tests is making me think of my final tomorrow… shudders I need sleep. @_@

Yes, my school has a career center, but it’s not great. I’ve just been told to do a lot of practice tests because the verbal section gives considerable trouble to non-English speakers. :stuck_out_tongue: