Grarararararrrr

So like, something happened to cause the power to go out, and some other stuff happened I guess, and the surge protector failed me, and now my motherboard is fried. Huzzah. -.- I’m posting this from my bro’s compy. Anyway, from the looks of it, I’m going to have to replace some shit, and seeing as how I’m completely and utterly BROKE… well, I think you get the picture. I’ll try to mooch of this computer when I can… which won’t be often because my bro spends about 27 hours/day on Dark Ages of Camelot… oh well.

Anyway, see ya’ll uh, sometime I guess. E-mail me or something, if ya’ll want. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve kinda had something like that happen to me, except it was with my Nintendo 64. I was playing it, and then suddenly, the power went out, and fried it, so it wouldn’t work.

But yea, hope you get your computer back soon.

I nearly did that to my entire office once :-/ fortunately our surge protectors worked- didn’t stop there from being a nice electric blue spark when I plugged it back in, though.

Hope your PC gets repaired soon, Nessa- and if not, slip something into your brother’s drink when he isn’t looking. X-D

Nessa, depending on your surge protector, you may be able to get the company to replace the surged parts. I use a certain UPS that has a “101% Safety Guarantee”, and will replace any part that is fried.

That royally sucks…here’s hoping it gets fixed soon.

After some more looking and stuff by my bro, it looks like I’ll have to replace the power supply as well. Luckily, we already have a motherboard sitting around the house not doing anything, but I don’t know how well it’s going to work. Assuming all goes well, I could be back full-time by the end of tomorrow, but I’ll be even more in debt to my dad… what does this bring me to, like $250 or something? >>;

More ‘Ow’.
So much ‘Ow’ today.

Are you sure the motherboard is fried then? It could just be the power source.

Heh, my mum owes me something like £600. But yeah, I echo Vorpy, it could just be your power supply.

Could be, but judgin by the way the motherboard LOOKS… ehh. We could try it. In any case, it probably wont be “soon” after all. I forgot that when my dad says “We can look for one tomorrow,” he really means sometime in the next 6 months. Oh well, more motivation for me to get out of the house ASAP (since the only thing that made living here even semi-tolerable was being able to waste my hours away online).

So yeah, didn’t wanna make a new thread for this…

Got the new power source, reinstalled XP, and for some reason or another the compy locks up whenever you try to log on… Brother thought it mighta been cuz of bad memory, so we got a new thingy of memory stuff… and reinstalled XP again… and it still doesn’t work. I say this other motherboard is crap. Or something. GRAH I’M SO LONELY WHY DOESN’T ANYONE CALL ME OR SEND ME LETTERS OR ANYTHING AARRRRRRRRRRARARAARARARRRR!!! ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.;

Fine I will call you.

REALLY?! I’m so lonely… I hope the phone’s battery doesn’t run out… But I’m kinda busy at the moment, can you wait like half an hour? Kthx.

busy doing what? allright, when you’re done, you sit by the phone and wait for me. I’ll be right there.