Gotta love these reviews

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/DrSeussTheCatintheHat-1127311/

Heehee! These reviews sum up exactly how I feel about it. As soon as I saw the commercial and the cat looked at the kid’s mom and did the traditional “hottie” thing, I knew to avoid it like I did the awful Grinch remake. 8P

Thanks Sin. This is great!

Someone should tell Hollywood that we don’t need to destroy things from my childhood.

This movie pisses me off. I mean I haven’t even seen it, but just from watching the previews and listening to the hype…

GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS. DR. SEUSS DIDN’T JUST FUCKING MAKE UP RANDOM SHIT. HE WAS AN ARTIST - HE KNEW WHAT WORDS WENT WELL TOGETHER, EVEN IF HE DID MAKE THEM UP. FUCKING HOLLYWOOD PRICK-ASS WHORESON WRITERS CAN’T EVEN COME CLOSE TO HIS ARTISTIC BRILLIANCE EVEN THOUGH THEY THINK THEY CAN BECAUSE “OH IT’S SO EASY TO WRITE RANDOM SHIT FOR KIDS” NO IT ISN’T YOU FUCKING DISRESPECTFUL MORONS SO FUCKING GET AWAY FROM DR. SEUSS. THANK YOU.

-Mazrim Taim

I love you Maz and agree with you completely.

From the minute I saw Mike Myers dressed up as the cat on a cardboard movie thingee, I immediately felt sorry for this sad, sad “movie”.

I personally liked the Grinch remake, but only for Jim Carrey. If they didn’t get him to do the Grinch, then it would have flopped.

But I wasn’t expecting this movie to amount to much, and it seems that was correct.

“I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, Sam I am. I do not like the Cat in the Hat, the writers’ brains must have went flat!”

Sorry, that was lame, but I couldn’t think of anything else that rymed with hat :hahaha; .

WHOA! I didn’t know Maz could get THAT pissed off! Scary…

…But I agree with him. The only reason they made this movie was because The Grinch was a megahit, so some Movie Producer must’ve gone, “if one Dr. Seuss movie starring a famous comedian made millions, then ANOTHER Dr. Seuss movie starring another famous comedian must do as well!” Typical Hollywood thinking. Makes you wonder if they’re aware of their target audiences at all.

Personally, I LIKED The Grinch, but there was material to work with there (it was clever how they explained why The Grinch was so- er, grinchy) and Jim Carrey is funny even when’s he’s just taking out the trash. But The Cat in the Hat? Much as I love Dr. Seuss, this story is TOO simple -just a weird cat entertaining two kids- to make a full movie. And isn’t the cat supposed to be tall, thin, and snobby? Myers IS a funny guy -love him in Austin Powers- but he’s totally WRONG for this role. I never wish people ill, but I’ve got the feeling that this movie will fall flatter than- Green Eggs and Ham in a Pan. :hahaha;

I only saw the words outside, that quoted from the words inside. The words outside were fun enough. I did not read the inside stuff. It would have taken too much time. And now I find it hard to rhyme …

Yar, shut up, you’re using too many words of more than one syllable.

… Y’know what? … damn.

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS. DR. SEUSS DIDN’T JUST FUCKING MAKE UP RANDOM SHIT. HE WAS AN ARTIST - HE KNEW WHAT WORDS WENT WELL TOGETHER, EVEN IF HE DID MAKE THEM UP. FUCKING HOLLYWOOD PRICK-ASS WHORESON WRITERS CAN’T EVEN COME CLOSE TO HIS ARTISTIC BRILLIANCE EVEN THOUGH THEY THINK THEY CAN BECAUSE “OH IT’S SO EASY TO WRITE RANDOM SHIT FOR KIDS” NO IT ISN’T YOU FUCKING DISRESPECTFUL MORONS SO FUCKING GET AWAY FROM DR. SEUSS. THANK YOU.

Amen. (Although I would say it with a lighter choice of language)

[b]This movie pisses me off. I mean I haven’t even seen it, but just from watching the previews and listening to the hype…

-Mazrim Taim [/b]

Careful there, you’re sounding like me.

May those who were involved in this debacle choke on their own feces. -_-

:too bad; Man, i still have to go see it…great…

I won’t watch it. Never.

[b]GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS. DR. SEUSS DIDN’T JUST FUCKING MAKE UP RANDOM SHIT. HE WAS AN ARTIST - HE KNEW WHAT WORDS WENT WELL TOGETHER, EVEN IF HE DID MAKE THEM UP. FUCKING HOLLYWOOD PRICK-ASS WHORESON WRITERS CAN’T EVEN COME CLOSE TO HIS ARTISTIC BRILLIANCE EVEN THOUGH THEY THINK THEY CAN BECAUSE “OH IT’S SO EASY TO WRITE RANDOM SHIT FOR KIDS” NO IT ISN’T YOU FUCKING DISRESPECTFUL MORONS SO FUCKING GET AWAY FROM DR. SEUSS. THANK YOU.

-Mazrim Taim [/b]

applauds

And thank you for the link, Sin.

Ive got one word for this movie- “Ugh”

Originally posted by Sinistral
Careful there, you’re sounding like me.

Are you sure that Maz isn’t like… an alternate personality or something?

Pretty sure.

"“I do not like what I have seen. I do not like it on the screen. "
– Michael Elliott, MOVIE PARABLES”

Very nice.

Somewhere, some sleazy producer has comprimising and/or incriminating photos of Mike Myers. Or maybe he’s got Mike’s mom or somebody held hostage.

Mr. Myers, you’re better than this. Come on now.

Other than that I completely agree with Cybercompost and Maz. Wil’s right too; that’s EXACTLY how they came up with the idea of doing this film.

It sucks.

But all the Star-Bellied Sneetches are going to go see it anyway.