Good Webcomics

So what webcomics do you like? One of my favorites right now is

http://www.nuklearpower.com/

It is a parody of Final Fantasy 1. The main characters are:
Black Mage-evil
Fighter-idiot
Thief-a thief
Red Mage-dungeons and dragons guy.

I used to read PvP before the artist decided to be queer. But I really like www.squidi.net - read “A Modest Adventure” and be prepared to rofl.

Umm, 8-Bit Theatre’s been around for years now. Would be surprised if anyone here hadn’t heard about it. Still pretty fun to read, though.

Starslip Crisis by Kristopher Straub, is one of the best comics I ever read. Girl Genius, a Gaslamp Fantasy by the talented Phil and kaja Foglio, is another must-read, along with it’s brother comic, Buck Godot: Zap Gun For Hire. And for creepiness and anus-tightening terror, it’s hard to beat Jack.

I read plenty more, but those are what I recommend for now.

I read a couple of well known ones like Dr. McNinja, LFG, and such. But some others I also read are xkcd (easier to look up yourself), Dresden Codak (same as xkcd), Garfield Minus Garfield (Jon’s gone crazy), and Order of the Stick (probably the webcomic parody of D&D and other RPGs out there).

http://www.rumblo.com/

Man, I forgot about 8 bit. Probably cause it sucks

I like Penny Arcade. Even though it’s half penis jokes, they manage to keep it fresh. The last few comics have been underwhelming though.

XKCD is always good

Ocotopus Pie!

You know, Webcomics are probably the only fantasy medium that currently frustrates me, in that I know that there is some great stuff I can enjoy out there, but I can’t seem to find any good website that catalogs them so I can decide which to follow. The few I’ve seen I’ve usually found because someone (like Valk) recommended them. If anybody knows of any, I’d appreciate it.

Here are some recommendations:

I LOVED Kidd Radd; too bad it ended years ago. You can still read the whole thing at its site, though. It’s worth it; it’s funny, creative and has an actual story. http://home.att.net/~miller.daniel.r/

Recently I discovered Dresden Codak. This is very well written and drawn, and has premises that- well- you don’t find in most other places (like transhumanism.) Too bad that you need a f’king degree in Physics to understand most of the references. And that the heroine is so unlikeable (though when you find out her past, you sort of get it.) Check it out anyway:
http://dresdencodak.com/

http://www.isxkcdshittytoday.com/

That’s an interesting website you got there. I should poop on it.

It’s not my fault XKCD is shitty.

Edit: Still better then Clr-Alt-Del, Tim Buckley is a hack.

Originally Posted by Wilfredo Martinez
You know, Webcomics are probably the only fantasy medium that currently frustrates me, in that I know that there is some great stuff I can enjoy out there, but I can’t seem to find any good website that catalogs them so I can decide which to follow. The few I’ve seen I’ve usually found because someone (like Valk) recommended them. If anybody knows of any, I’d appreciate it.

I use Wikipedia among other things for my webcomic listing needs. Seen here. No guarantees on quality though.

CAD is one of the three webcomics I read now out of habit, but don’t really consider good anymore (Well, I never thought CAD was that good, but the other two I did). I won’t say what the others are since they seem to be kinda popular around here.

I’ll just say one is an exaggeration of every japanophile’s secret fantasy, and the other tragically had a chance to end respectably before making its audience realize it was one of the worst self-insertion Mary-Sue stories on the intertubes. Draw what conclusions you will.

I should also pimp Breakfast of the Gods since it’s such a surreal comic in a lot of ways. It’s like the Kingdom Hearts of breakfast cereal mascots.

Dr. McNinja and LFG have been mentioned already.

I also like girly, but I’m not really sure why. I know a lot of other people hate its guts. I honestly couldn’t tell you why it makes me chuckle, but it does.

Oh yeah, and there’s mine. Read mine. Or don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

Online Life? >.>

I kid, I kid.

Hey I know what OL is, I’m just not trying to pass it off as anything else. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll just say one is an exaggeration of every japanophile’s secret fantasy, and the other tragically had a chance to end respectably before making its audience realize it was one of the worst self-insertion Mary-Sue stories on the intertubes. Draw what conclusions you will.
Are they both Megatokyo? :stuck_out_tongue:

I read Nuklear Power out of conditioning, but I don’t think it’s been really funny for a few hundred episodes.

I love, LOVE Oldskooled, but it’s been dead for a long time. :confused:

Hades: One might be, but they’re both not the same comic.

SG: Oh hey, I remember that. It was nifty. I remember starting a guest comic strip for it right before it died, it might still be on my hard drive somewheres…

I just discovered Looking For Group. Not only is it incredibly professional, it features undead warlock Richard, the most absolute awesome character ever. They just released a very well-done four-minute animation parody of “Part Of Your World” from The Little Mermaid, which is both hilarious and incredibly disturbing at the same time.

Other ones I read regularly:
LinT (gorgeous, and can be both funny and serious)
Megatokyo (bought all five books so far)
8-Bit Theatre
Antihero For Hire (though it’s hit-and-miss, and really more miss than hit)
Sore Thumbs (tends to have some good lines and WTF moments)
College Roomies From Hell!!! (I started reading it, stopped, started again, and now it’s coming along at a nice brisk pace)
Gunnerkrigg Court (deadpan British humor and truly wonderful creativity.)
CAD (meh, I think it’s good. I really like the sillies that got added recently.)
Misfile (again, it’s been a while since it did anything really cool, but I’m hoping.)

I need to start reading Order of the Stick one of these days.

Sinfest is good, and so are Daily Dinosaur Comics…if you can stand the walls of text. I can, and I love it.

Spoony, was the other one Dominic Deegan? It sounds like what DD did. Haven’t read it in years for that reason.