Good lord. This has to be a joke...

That’s just completely and utterly disgusting. I try to never wish death upon another person, but the staff inside that camp and whether they deserve to live, knowing that they’re doing such a thing, is honestly in question.

That is either the sickest thing I have ever heard of, or someone having a very cruel laugh.

I’m just glad that my parents actully LIKE me how I am. They would never think of sending me of to that sort of thing, or at least I hope not!!:eek:

here in Brazil criminous teenagers are sent to institutions that resemble the one in the text, excpet there is no family nor educational videos, and instead of the restraint thing they are beaten real badly by the guards.

haha, what a light-hearted way for unruly youngsters to find their place in modern society!

And remember kids, big brother is watching you…BWAHAHAHA!

Trillian, you’re scaring me.

But seriously, that’s not reforming. That’s psychic programming. Too many shades od 1984 here.

Personally I’d love to burn the place to the ground. I wonder how much merc units cost…

StarStorm, that actually depends, but they vary from around 10k for a very amateur job of one person, of which will most likely fail, to over 500k for a professional job. Of course, like I said, it all depends on how much they want to charge.

Contacting them is the hard part however.

Well the money… that would be hard, but yeah, contacting them would be a bitch.

Wow… heh

I think you mean psychological programming, SS…at least I hope you do. O_o

Seems more like psychic to me, but psychological is a better term.

We could always start a fund to buy automatic weapons and storm the place ourselves.

looks at my mom and dad Eeeeeek!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: runs and cries :runaway: :eek:

heh, yeah…the mind-controlling drones shall be the first against the wall when the revolution comes!:mwahaha:

Another reason why I need to blow Jamaica to thew skies…

>We could always start a fund to buy automatic weapons and storm the place ourselves.

It would kinda be profitable in the end since they keep so much money in that place (40 grand to send a kida there…)

I have never wished this upon anyone in my entire life, but I hope that Jay Kay guy burns in hell for all eternity. And that somedays, when I’m in heaven or hellm whichever, I can visit him, and just tearhis fucking balls off every time. I despise him.

I can’t help but think Joey Stalin and Pol Pot, wherever their spirits are today, are looking down [or perhaps up?] fondly on Mr. Jay Kay [no way that’s his real name].

Unfortunately, I doubt this story is a joke.

Camps like these are disturbingly prevalent. They often hide under the pretext of being “religious schools” or “religious boot camps” and every now and then you’ll see and hear stories on the news about parents who got suckered in by their “straighten your disobedient kids out” spiel, made the mistake of sending their “unruly” kids to these Bible Camps where they basically beat the shit out of the kids and abuse them in other ways. [Edit: And then turn around and claim some biblical justification for it. What Bible are they reading? Certainly not the one I’m familiar with. But then, they probably threw that one out when they got to the middle part where the son of a carpenter becomes the main character.

“Dang Jethro, book’s all focused on this damn Hippie all of a sudden! He’s talking about turning the other cheek and loving people! I can’t justify my sadism with this! Help me write a new bible that says I can beat the crap outta little kids! What? You’re illiterate too? Day-umm!”]

These places make me sick. They are no better than miniature Stalinist states (or Jonestown-style fanatic cults, take your pick, whichever happens to outrage you more)

The “custody contract” is and should be legally considered selling someone into slavery. And, ergo, illegal.

These places should be shut down and all staff arrested. You can put them on trial for Kidnapping, Unlawful Imprisonment and Torture [the same things Rick James went to jail for, by the way], and all financial assets of these Neo-Concentration Camps should be seized and converted into some sort of recovery fund for the victims (give them counseling or therapy or something to hopefully undo some of the psychological damage).

The religious context just brought to my mind the story of the Magdelen (sp?) Laundries- I’m not sure if anybody else has heard of these, but they were basically prisons where young women who the community felt were “promiscuous”- and they use the term REAL loosely, anything from getting pregnant at a young age and outside of marriage, to as little as having sensual-looking eyes- would be sent to work in what was little more than a Dickensian workhouse, run by a load of usually sadistic nuns.

They made TV serials and movies about them recently, you know- I’ll wager that once these places finally get shut down, a hard-hitting drama will be made about it. And I for one will be laughing at Jay Kay at the end when he gets what’s coming to him- destitution (please, god, let some of those kids harbour enough of a grudge to sue his sadistic arse to the high heavens).

No, I hope it stays long enough for me to hire the people that went there to raid the place, since they were there, they would know how to get in & out easily. You know…the sad thing is, this isn’t helping the kids out at <u><b>ALL</b></u>. Too bad that mystical powers aren’t real, I wish they were, then I’d open up my wings, fly to Jamaica, kill all the people inside except for the girls, guys that are nice, & guys that are cute. (^^;) Then, take the money & throw it all over the world as chjildren claim their prize…& I am crowned king of the Universe & change the human genome so one cannot become older than 8 years old.

…I just lost the miniscule amount of faith in humanity I got back when I heard that Miss Cleo had been arrested…

Don’t say that, GG. I hate this man, more than any of you possibly could, but I have not lost my faith in humanity. I just take pleasure in the fact that that guy will get his comeuppance.