Good Games

Seeing as it’s the holidays, I have a surplus of cash, at least $100 of it is going towards games.

So what are some good PS2 and Gamecube RPGs? I’ve got Paper Mario and FFX and X-2, but other than that I really aint got shit. So… yeah.

Also, some actiony type games. I dunno, just good games in general.

Pikmin 2 is good. It’s more strategy, but I think you could classify it as actiony.

Tales of Symphonia for the GC also Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for the GC

Ok, well, the only new game I’m getting is Metal Gear 3. I’d prefer older games that I can find in the used games bin or something.

I got that game for X-mas, and I haven’t played it yet. :open_mouth:

Devil May Cry 1 [STRIKE]& 2[/STRIKE] are good actiony type games. Read reviews first! :smiley: Try Chaos Legion, if you like massive armies of monsters coming at you, and you have to kill them all, about 30000000 fucking times, to advance, with a sword, by your self. It’s fucking AWESOME.

Castlevania: Lament on Innocence is a pretty fun action game. Its not Symphony of the Night good, but its good none the less.

Corn, you heathen, play MGS3!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Shadow Hearts 2 is a very good game,and I recommend it,Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 are other great games to.

Here ya go:

Katamari Damacy
Ratchet & Clank 3
Jak 3

Kiro, you never cease to amaze me with your incredible reading comprehension. I said old games that I can find in the used game bin, not newly released games.

Christ, learn to read.

What system is Shadow Hearts 2 for? Do I need to have played the first one? What makes it good? Don’t just reccomend it to me, lay it out for me - why is it good?

I didn’t read the whole thing, just the very beginning. Sorry. -_-

KH?

Tales of Symphonia.

<i>Xenosaga</i> is $20 if you haven’t gotten it yet. It takes place a few millenia before Xenogears, and the scifi space shiz is pretty cool. The battle system is unique as well. <i>Legaia 2: Duel Saga</i> is another good RPG if you can find it. Its also has a unique combo-esque battle system (you use the d-pad to perform certain techs). Now that I think about it, the whole concept of L2 isn’t that different from LoL. But its good nonetheless. And if you’re into mecha or anything, give <i>ZOE: The 2nd Runner</i> a go. Its combat is pretty fast-paced and there’s eventually a huge melee thats pretty fun. All these are for PS2, btw. You could probably find them at around $20 by now.

Burnout 3 is fucking awesome. I’m gunna buy it today!

Isn’t Burnout 3 a racing game?

Played Xenogears, Legaia 2 and Kingdom Hearts.

Keep em coming.

Shadow Hearts 2 is relatively new. But you should be able to find a copy of the original in the bargain bin.

As for other games, you should be able to find the earlier Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and Jak and Daxter games, I recommend them all.

Meh. I just played it; nothing special. I do, however, like the introduction scene. It’s a history lesson, IN GAME FORMAT! I haven’t gotten far. Ooh look, a field of brown ground. Oh no, it’s quicksand. TIME PARADOX.

Chaos Legion is about 1-2 years old, so try that.

…this shows you haven’t played much >_>

Maybe Disgaea. If you can you should rent it first. I hear that most people like it but a few don’t. If you like Disgaea then get La Pucelle Tactics and Phantom Brave too.

Hmmm…If you want a GC RPG, try the Tales game(Symphonia???) for it. As for PS2 rpgs that you can find used, my suggestions are…
Dark Cloud 2
Dark Cloud
If you can find it, the Arc The Lad title for PS2(I had trouble finding this when I owned a PS2)
I would say Phantom Brave, but someone else suggested it.
Action Games Suggestions
Timesplitters 2
Silent Hill(any of them)
Metroid Prime Series(GCN)
If you’re feeling nostalgic, the Zelda Collection on GCN is a good choice. It has LoZ, Link’s Adventure, OoT, and Majora’s Mask.

I can’t think of anything else

While Katamari Damacy is new, it is also cheap IIRC. Should be $20, if it helps. I’ve heard much good stuff about it.