Golden Sun

I just got it and besides all the head movements between the dialogues and Isaac suffering of Crono’s Silent Protagonist Disease it looks pretty good (Graphics are AWESOME).

I still don’t understand the whole Elemental/Psyenergy/Djinn deal so here goes a question: Is there some way to make a character gain abilities in several elementals? Like for example learning permanently the abilities of a Fire Djinn and an Earth Djinn (Sort of like with the Espers in FF6).

And what are the Game Tickets good for? I already have ten of them but I don’t know what to do.

you never permanently learn elemental psynergy.

you can use the game tickets much, much later in the game, when you get to a town called tolbi…

Game tickets are worth crap, the Medals are the real moneymakers!

And they allow you to get some very interesting pieces of equipment.

As for the Psynergy, even though each character is generally bound to an element, that alignment changes according to the set Djinns they have. Those Djinns, when set, will change a character’s stats, and maybe even his/her available Psynergy powers and class.

about the medals…

my younger step-brother got a weapon called the “assassin’s blade” using one. when he was telling me about it, he kept calling it the “asian blade”.

many hours and "what the hells is an asian blade"s later, i finally figured out what he was trying to tell me…

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Game tickets are worth crap, the Medals are the real moneymakers!

Actually, that’s not true at all. Game tickets are the only way to get Mythril Shirts and Hyper Boots.

And SE, don’t you dare compare Isaac’s silence to Crono’s. Crono’s silence doesn’t leave a gaping hole in the story like Isaac’s does.

The only real problem I had with Isaac’s SPS (Silent Protagonist Syndrome) was that the “decidsions” he could make made no difference whatsoever in the game. I mean, NO choice I made affected the story at all, or did anything special.

Yes, no matter what you choose, the result will be the same… That’s boring… And frankly, I think the gamemakers should drop the silent protagonist thing. It can take away some of the depth of dialogues.

I was pissed off about it. I mean, with all the things that happened in Isaac’s past, it was a great chance for character development, and they blew it completely.

they kept it in GS2 as well…

in the first game, felix talks whenever he appears.
in the second game, he don’t talk none, save for a couple lines in the beginning.

You might want to check out the shrine that is in development, last time I visited it had a section that showed what psyenergy the various dijinn equipped led to.

http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~goldensun I believe.

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
And SE, don’t you dare compare Isaac’s silence to Crono’s. Crono’s silence doesn’t leave a gaping hole in the story like Isaac’s does.

Good point, and Crono DID talk now that I think of it, two fricking and irrelevant lines but he said them.

The irrelevant choices also bother me, up until now the only good thing I got from them was Garet’s “Yeah I know it’s a rock, stupid!”.

I love that one :slight_smile:

Okay, now to finish this game so I can get my hands into Rockman Zero.

I loved Golden Sun. I want Golden Sun 2.

As far as Psynergy and Djinn go, it is a bit complicated, but you can mix and match different elemental djinn to create super classes. I’ve found the ultimate classes for the final battle.

Issac: Samurai - 3 super supportive Psynergies: Angel Spear (raises attack for all), Protector (raises Defense for all), and Magic Shield (raises resistance for all) - Give him the Silver Blade for the final battle because the Water Attack does a good deal of Damage to the Fusion Dragon. (4 Mars and 3 Jupiter needed)

Garet: Dragoon - Ply and Wish series spells and Cutting Edge, a water based spell that does good damage to the final boss. - If you have the Cleric’s Ring, give it to him along with the Muramasa, Thunder Crown, and Demon Mail. The Ring will remove the effects of the curse, though you’ll still be cursed. (3 Venus and 3 Mercury needed)

Ivan: White Mage - Wish series spells and revive. Prism series attacks and Resist. (3 Venus and 4 Mercury needed)

Mia: Scholar - Wish and Prism series attacks, along with High Impact. (3 Mars and 4 Jupiter needed)

Garet, Ivan, and Mia all have wish spells and good water based attacks, while Issac has awsome support magic and the Silver Blade does a good deal of water based damage as well.

Also as a side note that if you want the best protection for Mia and Ivan, put them in the corners of the line. Here is what I mean:

Ivan, Issac, Garet, Mia

Chances are spells are gonna focus on one of the middle characters more (the iIi format is what I’m thinking of). If they want more people to get hit, they’re gonna aim for the middle, and with this format, it is either Issac or Garet.

I know the game seems pretty good but I can’t help but notice all the head movements. It’s like:

[Dialogue]
[Glance]
[Glance]
[Stare]
[Stare]
[Nod]
[Nod]
[Shrug]
[Shrug]
[Glance]
[Glance]
[Stare]
[Stare]
[Nod]
[Nod]
[Dialogue]

It’s really annoying.

it’s not that annoying, and I like the little overhead faces sometimes. I just wish there could be a speed up button. Nobody wants to hear the same long speach before fighting a boss.

It is when you’re using Visual Boy Advance with a Pentium II.

such computor talk is like latin (except the emulator part) to me, but I play the game on my platium gba

Okay I’ll try to make it simple:

Slow Computer + Great Emulator + Great Roms = Slow Game

Slow Game x Head Movements = Horribly long dialogues.

I know that, but I don’t know how slow or fast the different pentiums are.