God Damn It!

Goddamnit Dai! This isn’t the playboy channel!

It’s your property. They’ve got no reason. Unless if ruins the ground around it into your neighbour’s property…

Why is your neighbour complaining anyway?

If the law is against you, you don’t have much of a choice. Check on your ordinances and local laws first.

If the law is on your side, then simply compromise. Of course, that rarely works, but it’s at least worth a shot. And if THAT doesn’t work…then you’re on your own.

They really shouldn’t care. It’s in your yard and not their’s. ITs your pond and they just wanna complain. Unless it is distrubng their poprety then you don’t have to do what they want you to.

But, what are they complaining about?

What is the specific complaint about your pond? We really can’t help unless you tell us.

I could tell you to ignore them or heed their advice- but either way it would be throwing darts, if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Check on your ordinances and local laws first.

That’s the best advice, along with first asking your neighbor why she wants the pond filled in. I know that around my parts you can’t have an open body of water on your property if you don’t have fences up. Well, you can, you just get charged with manslaughter or something if some idiot kid wanders in and kills himself.

Trillian) That “go jump in it” comment…beautiful.

I wish I knew more about your pond, so I could try to help. (On an unrelated note, I went to an aquarium and saw some koi!)

Depending upon where you live, you might be subject to homeowners’ association rules as well as local laws. Like other people said, find out what those rules are. If it’s a safety issue about idiot children who want to “swim with the fishes”, put up a fence if you really don’t want to fill it.

I don’t like bitchy neighbors.

On another note, I like seeing serious advice given to Char. He deserves it, right?

Hmmm if it’s on your property I don’t think she can do much… So you should tell that bloody bitch to shut her face.

Dress up as a merman and live in the pond, that way you’ll earn money too: Everyone would pay to come and see Charlemagne the merman. Or you could install a cloaking device on your pond: Press a button and it cloaks, press another and it decloaks. If you’re lucky, your neighbour would go and check where the pond went and drown in it.

Actually. You should just check if your neighbout has any legal right to have your pond removed. If he has: Try the merman trick.