Go to hell peace bridge!!!!

Ok, I am usually a pretty peace full guy, kinda laid back, but I am FURIOUS!!!

I am a dual citizen, I was born in the USA (Buffalo to be exact) but I live in Canada and my father is Canadian (Moms American). So this means I have citizenship in both countries.

I was going over the bridge from Fort Erie, Ontario to Buffalo New York (Peace bridge) to visit my grandmother. I get to the officer on the american side and asks me for my citizenship…the answer to this question is US landed as when I am in the US that I what I am technically, an American living in Canada. Of course I give him my photo ID (Ontario Drivers license) and he asks for more photo ID, ok this is fine, I only have my Brock student card as ID cause I have the red and white health card. The guy then asks for my birth certificate. I give it to him and he goes “this is American” . Right about now I am about to lose it and I explain to him what “US landed” is, as it seems he slept through the training.

Of Course I am pulled over…and they strip MY ENTIRE ford explorer. They rip open the lining in the back hatch and then they let me on my way. I was there for and hour and a half…I’M AMERICAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD…

Is it just me or is this the worst immigration system on the planet?

ok

That kind of sucked, that must of been painful. Do you live in Brock Township then?

Serves you right, terrorist.

I live at school in st. Catharines (Brock University)

But really, like they cannot be held liable for damaging my car either…its brutal

Next time you’re trying to smuggle drugs into the country remember to get a fake canadian birth certificate.

the answer to this question is US landed as when I am in the US that I what I am technically, an American living in Canada
We have a saying in the Ontarian university community: “If you can walk and talk, you can get into Brock.”

So how did you get in?

In other words: What the fuck did you just say?

(No offense or anything. Just trying and failing to be witty here, as usual.)

Punctuation gets you a long way:

the answer to this question* is US landed. As when I am in the US, that is what I am technically: an American living in Canada

*anaphoric reference to “asks me for my citizenship”.

Let this be a lesson to you: Don’t fucking live in Canada.

Yep only the most competitive and difficult Concurrent Education program in the province. If you want to get into this teachers collage you better be getting 90’s…

Well other than that I just question how they base these searches…I don’t think I could have said anything that would have let me go…

And are you in it?

Well, obviously she won’t be teaching English, Hades, but maybe she wants to teach math. I had a math teacher in 10th grade that was brilliant, but could barely spell his own name. What annoys me are the creative writing students that have bad grammar. Yes, yes, Flannery O’Connor had terrible spelling, but she also used a dictionary (and a great editor), classmates! She also knew where to put her damned commas.

Anyway, I don’t understand why you’re mad at the poor bridge. What did it ever do to you? ;_;

I wouldn’t say its just because Doan can’t spell that Doan shouldn’t be teaching English. Its also Doan’s inability to get a message through, which is an impediment to teaching in general (as seen by this thread and the topic that brought this thread forward). As Hades said, if you can walk and talk, you can get into Brock. I think Doan has shown that. Hades question “are you in it” has to do with Doan being in a selective college and not in Brock.

Don’t fuck around with immigration people. Just tell em you’re a dual citizen living in Canada or a US citizen living in Canada. I have plenty of experience with immigration people. The less you say the better.

I have nothing against Brock. I was just throwing that phrase out there because it was interesting to see it turn out to be true in one case.

You’ll find people who can barely communicate at every university.

You’ll especially find people who can’t talk at Gallaudet University.

They once confiscated all the seditionary materials (punk zines) in my car, but let me over the border without showing a birth certificate and making only one of my parents show ID.
It’s a pretty stupid immigration system, I’ll give you that, but it shouldn’t be hard to get into the country, unless you’re an independantly published magazine about a vaguely rebellious form of music.

Yes and I don’t really care how my grammar is on here to tell you the truth. I have to worry enough about that when I write papers. I wrote the post quickly and didn’t give it a second look. And yes Hades I am in the program. I am a History major and a political science minor. In the concurrent education program.

Like I love how Sin can make the largest issue out of a small thing. I think that is why you make me smile. You know absolutely nothing about me and you are judging me on how I have teaching weaknesses. I have a 92 in my education class and I think I would make a damn good teacher. I don’t want to boast because I’m not like that. I have a hell of a lot of border experience. I live on the border and go over all the time. That is why I was so upset. I said the same thing I have said a million times and I was pulled over.

Don’t fuck around with immigration people. Just tell em you’re a dual citizen living in Canada or a US citizen living in Canada. I have plenty of experience with immigration people. The less you say the better.

That is what I said, that is what I always say, every time. Sometimes I get more questions and I answer them very cordially, just this guy was in a bad mood I think. I’m over it, but I still question the methods, which is what I intended this thread to be. I wasn’t expecting the grammar barrage that I got. Oh well…

No worries, thanks sin!:wave:

I hope that you understand that getting high grades means absolutely nothing of how well you will perform as an educator. Some of the best writers, for instance, failed out of writing classes.

While grading is an indicator of potential, you should not use it as proof that you are, indeed, a good educator (especially if you have no field experience).

Precisely. The same applies to any profession really.

Well I do have exp I’ve been in a classroom all year, that is what I’m graded on. It’s a practical class. That’s what the program is about, again it is one way of showing it, I agree it doesn’t make me a great teacher but I still think I will be a damn good teacher for many other reasons as well.