GIANT ENEMY SQUID! :O

They caught a giant squid alive on video…unfortunately it died. ;-;

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/12/22/giant.squid.ap/index.html

It’s a spawn from Kraken!

I don’t think I’d have the courage to stand at that distance from the squid as the scientist in the video. Even though the squid seemed nearly dead, falling in the water by its side wouldn’t be pretty (and that’s something that would probably end up doing >_<).

Oh, and that is one of the most fascinating things I’ve ever seen! Go japanese researchers!

That’s a very big squid. 0-0

Cool.

They caught Ackba? *Gasp! Poor Ackba.

Bravo.

Its actually a small squid. Its “only” 7 meters long. The real giant ones are like, 18m.

[insert joke about giant sea creatures from Japan]

That scientist’s name is oftlly close to Tsumani. Perhaps he telepathically comunicates with the creature? All in all, a cool discovery.

Bah, I’ve seen bigger jellyfish.

I’ll be impressed when they find the real Godzilla.

Or the Loch Ness monster.

We must be careful not to over research them into extinction. Lest in 400 years a highly advance alien species returns to Earth in a vain attempt to communicate with its distant cousin and forces a small band of space explorers to travel back in time to the year 2006 to rescue two [STRIKE]humpback whales[/STRIKE] giant squids and save humanity. (Along with a manditory search for a Nuclear Wessal.)

he should have realized…

it was a trap!

Oh, I saw this yesterday, and I thought it was so cool. I’m all about ocean exploration.

Yeah, it’s a pity they couldn’t keep it alive to study it more. I’m sure this one was sick or something, I don’t think they last long near the surface. :confused:

Aren’t they deep sea? Maybe it was the pressure change.

THat’s my guess. You’d be surprised how few people think of how the constant change in pressure can be deadly.