Get ya Light Sabers!

You’re not missing much. Good cnquers evil, hero gets the girl.

For me, the magic has faded. Damn you Lucas. Damn you.

Yeah, but the big question is, <i>which</i> hero gets the girl?

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
Yeah, but the big question is, <i>which</i> hero gets the girl?

I always thought the girl was his sister, which would explain why I have never watched it to the point where the hero gets the girl.

Yeah, well, that points comes after two more great films.

Just, the entire Ep 1 and 2 experience ruined it for me. He replaced the charactes with whiney tenns (Anakin, Amidala, I am looking at you) and special effects.

Yoda will always be cool though.

Go watch the films, preferably the digitally-remastered versions. They’re probably still the best example of the sci-fi romance, good conquers evil genre you can find, like LotR. They’re very similar.

I’m sorry. You’ve probably heard all this before a thousand times.:thud:

LotR and Star Wars are nothing similar in the fact that Star Wars aren’t shitty movies. I wouldn’t really classifiy either of them as “sci fi romance”. The only movies that have any remote romantic value are episode 2 and episode 6. And as far as I know, the Aragorn/Galadriel (or whatever, I hate the damn series) is relativly minor in comparison to other events.

I compared Sw to LotR in the sense that both are epic series spanning multiple films. And yeah, now i think about it the romance didn’t really feature heavily, unless you count Han Solo hitting on Leia.

You really didn’t like the Rings films? I thought they were pretty cool. They did a much better job than the books did.

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]I compared Sw to LotR in the sense that both are epic series spanning multiple films. And yeah, now i think about it the romance didn’t really feature heavily, unless you count Han Solo hitting on Leia.

You really didn’t like the Rings films? I thought they were pretty cool. They did a much better job than the books did. [/b]

ah! the films are pretty goddam good but the books! They are like a renowned piece of literature! (excuse my spelling if any of it is bad)

Maybe to most, but I just didn’t enjoy them as much as the films. Too much singing.:boring:

Or you could just buy a neon tube from a sign store, stick a handle on it and end up paying, at the most, 140…

But that would involve hard work. These guys make 'em for you, and ship them in a nice padded case. It’s the lazy Jedi’s method of choice.

This has been done for at least a decade and a half now from what I know. I’ll just stick to my semi-transparent acrilicum green-blade homemade lightsaber.

One of my classmates got a huge pieec of dowel once, shaped the end and painted the rest blue. Bravo, one wooden solid lightsaber, used for assult. It hurt, the bastard.