Germany!!

I have just had the best week of my entire life! I’ve participated in an exchange thing between my school and one in central Germany by hosting two German students back in February and going down this past week.

There were only eight of us (three boys, three girls, two teachers), which was very nice, since we all got to know each other very well, not to mention that we didn’t steal <i>too</i> much space on the floor when we danced in a circle on the ferry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, danced. I have never ever danced before. Seriously, this whole “custom dancing” thing was just something that evolved from the happy dance. I used to detest dancing with a passion, and so I refused to move at first when they dragged me to the dancefloor on the ferry last Friday. By their third try, I gave up. Well, if I was going to relax, I might as well do it properly. Actually had quite a few people compliment me for being a great dancer. >_> Well, I don’t know about that, but I do know that I LOVED every minute of it! That was so much fun! Sadly, I probably won’t get another opportunity to do it for quite a while.

The rest of the week was just as amazing, although very chaotic, and we weren’t prepared for the warm weather down there. Ach, it was all definetly worth a little bit of discomfort (sore ears from listening to one of the German teachers babbling on for hours about Goethe, melting in the sun while walking up 500+ steps in a stairway…)! We were all a bit disappointed that we only got 20 minutes in the concentration camp we visited, but I guess the Germans didn’t really want to show that off too much.

I should be dead tired right now, since I didn’t sleep at all last night, but I’m actually fine. I am going to pey for it tomorrow, I am sure, but…

Oh, and if anyone out there likes to drink pure vodka, you’re twisted. I am sure nailpolish remover tastes better, since they smell the same way. Blach!

Yeah, just wanted to share that. I’ve only made one thread before, and that was a long time ago on the media forum. It’s gone now, anyway… =P

ahem

does the HAPPY dance!!

Dancing is fun… Although you say you hated dancing, it was funny that you always do the “whatever dance.” :slight_smile:

Go Jing! Does the ‘Go Jing’ dance :stuck_out_tongue:

I like dancing, too. As long as there is a general rythm to the dance.

I like to dance, but the last time I did I broke my arm.

You’re lucky, Jing. There are plenty of students exchanges in Europe and it’s not too expensive, unlike here. And yeah, you can’t really know if you like something or not unless you try it, obviously. Many people refuse to dance because they say they don’t have the skills and think it’s stupid. You don’t have to wait for another occasion like that, though, you can always dance alone in your room when nobody’s looking at you. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s fun, you should try it.

Heh, dancing is awesome, glad you warmed up to it. As for vodka, its quality is strongly dependent on who makes it. Stolichnaya, for example, is just great.

I can’t dance, not that I’ve tried it a lot since my first miserable attempts. As for vodka. Can I have a bottle of motor oil instead? I’m sure it tastes better.

I’m still pissed at my school for placing the Norway - Japan exchange in my third year and last year. Bastards.

I don’t dance, not because I hate it, but because I can’t. Everytime i get onto the dancefloor I have 3 left feet and end up making a fool of myself.

You’d need the vodka first to then be sufficiently inebriated to get the motor oil down. What’d you drink, Absolut?

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
Heh, dancing is awesome, glad you warmed up to it. As for vodka, its quality is strongly dependent on who makes it. Stolichnaya, for example, is just great.

Yea, but vodka also tastes like shit the first few shots :\

I personally prefer lesser liquors. Like Golden Grain :slight_smile:

Well, you don’t just drink “shots” of it. You have to eat the right food with it. Like salmon, or herring, or caviar, or pickled mushrooms, or just a damn pickle in the most dire case.

SK, the god of vodka.

Sounds like it was a good trip.

Reminds me of my first (good) dancing experience, Jing. Glad you enjoyed it like I did. :cool:

My trick to drinking vodka and other hard alcohol is to just develop a good method for taking shots so that the stuff drops straight down your throat and you don’t taste it. I’ve gotten good enough at it now so that I don’t even need a chaser.

I’m interested to hear what other things you saw in Germany besides the concentration camp. (Wait a minute… I thought there were no camps in Germany, because they built them all in countries like Poland that they took over.)

Vodka tastes like what I always imagined gasoline would taste like.

And I think that my first taste of booze as a young man was straight vodka is a big part of why I don’t drink regularly (or almost at all). Yeah, sure, the two AA graduated parents had something to do with it to, I’m sure. [Anonymity? What anonymity? Oops, sorry mum and dad.]

Anyway, I can’t dance and don’t dare try (because I don’t drink vast quantities of booze), but I’m glad those who can and do can enjoy it so much. Glad to hear you had a good time, Jing.

And welcome back. :wink:

i cannot dance worth crap. enough said.

and i ain’t gonna drink at all, either, after hering what everyone is saying.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
Well, you don’t just drink “shots” of it. You have to eat the right food with it. Like salmon, or herring, or caviar, or pickled mushrooms, or just a damn pickle in the most dire case.

Heh, oops ;p

I didn’t know that, I’ve always just taken shots.

We’re talking about vodka, not liquor in general. There is quite a bit that tastes good, but vodka, straight anyways, has a helluva acidic taste.

Congrads Jing!:smiley:

I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I’m glad you had fun Jing!

I, personally, do not like hard liquor, my throat does nto handle it well.

>Well, I don’t know about that, but I do know that I LOVED every minute of it! That was so much fun! Sadly, I probably won’t get another opportunity to do it for quite a while.

If you liked dancing Jing, you could certainly do it more often than “for quite a while.” Unless you meant with those same people.