German teenage killers inspired by "killer game FFVII"

As Tom Nook, it is your job to repossess valuables to pay off the mortgage. The violent one will be your accomplice, Mr Resetti.

I lol’d.

There was a spree shooting in a movie theatre here once, and if I remember well, someone in the media said the guy had a love for guns that was caused by him playing Carmaggedon. It was such a nonsense remark that it could almost make the whole case funny if it hadn’t been tragic. Days later they found out the guy wasn’t into videogames, but rather drugs.

Actually, it’s not that easy this time. They came from a good home, non- abusive, non- freaky parents. Neither were they “obviously very disturbed” or mentally unstable. Quite the opposite actually, not only according to teachers and other “observers”, but also to their close friends and siblings. Which is what makes it so weird.

My guess is, that… well. They live in a 195 people- village. They have been known as goody- goodies, were best in their class and so on and so forth, and there was simply… nothing happening. Maybe for once they wanted just something to happen, anything, so that something gets out of order and they don’t '“waste” their lives in nothingness so to speak. Just be two more not- unique snowflakes who just live their lives in a village and pass on without ever leaving a mark. -shrug- Or maybe get on the “bad kids”- side for once, considering they chose Sephiroth and Reno, to do something completely out of character. It was not your usual “fucked up hate filled kids”- crime.

I think they didn’t get enough spaghetti with ketchup. Or maybe too much.

There is a bajillion ways they could do those with less tragical consequences. They could go to the big city if all they wanted was some novelty over their little-village lives. And if they wanted to be bad, they could become poachers, gamblers, gigolos, policticians or whatever, but not downright killers in the first chance.

They could be, question is if they -wanted- to be. Chances are they didn’t want to be poachers, gamblers or gigolos, they wanted to play god and kill someone, which is a different dimension entirely.

It’s pretty common knowledge that fucked up kids come from everywhere. I stand by my statement.

I predict that the next evil media inspired killing’s in Germany will have the culprates moving in slow-mo, singing largely forgetable techno tunes, wearing electric jackets, and driving around in a Cylon that look like a black Trans-AM.

Not saying they don’t, just saying “it’s the parents’ fault” or “they were prolly disturbed to begin with” is just as much a generalization as “it’s the games’ fault” without any reliable information. It’s all judgements based on insufficient info in this case, and there has been absolutely no proof so far for the former 2.

Oh yeah, it totally is. But if your kid actually gets inspired by FF7 to murderize someone, I don’t think my generalized statement stops applying. Unless there’s some subliminal murder people message on the FF7 title screen.

YOU NEVER KNOW. @_@

Don’t they edit the piss out of everything in germany? If i recall correctly, germanys version of Resident evil 4 was edited so hard, that people where ordering it from eroupe and american stores. :thinking:

Yeah, they occasionally leave out the blood or color it green or yellow and stuff like that. :o

Scummed around the internet a bit and came up with this.

===============================
6.) German Version differences

There has been much conjecture about the German version of the game, and not
very many facts.
After receiveing email from a few Germans telling me that most of what I had
was wrong, I have taken it upon myself to correct these errors in the name of
the holy and the divine.

The differences only apply to the German version which is only sold in GERMANY,
and not in the partially German-speaking countries Austria, Swiss or
Letzebourg.

Packaging

Printed on the front of case cover slip in the lower left corner, with the
graphics of the disc, very minutely, is a USK labelling which reads “Keine
jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG”
Translated, this means “Adults only, §14
‘youth-protection-law’(JugendSchutzGesetz)”

The initial German release of RE4 has an erroneous packaging, leading many to
think there are two different version of the game on sale in Germany.
The first print already contains the ‘corrected’ version of the game, as does
the RE4 Gamecube Bundle, but the slip insert was printed when Nintendo was
still assuming they could publish the game as intended.
The package is coded DOL-G4BP-NOE, the P standing for the complete PAL
territory, and the statement “Uncensored version. Identical to the Japanese and
American version.” printed on the back.

The second release version has the code DOL-G4BD-NOE printed on the disc, the
second D standing for Deutschland, and do not claim to be the ‘Uncensored’
version.

Gameplay

According to my special sources, the following are correct:

• Assignment Ada is missing.
  • Mercenaries is missing.
  • The Chicago Typewriter and the Handcannon are not included.
    (As far as is known, as these cannot be unlocked from the missing mini-games.
    Could possibly be unlocked using an Action Replay, but this has not been
    tested.)

And therefore, the following incorrect

• Heads don’t explode when using a rifle.
  • A few camera shots are missing when Mike crashes.
  • Oven Man is missing.
  • Garradors no longer can impale Leon.
  • The scene with Ashley, the two Ganados ad the camera is somewhat cut (hint to
    a rape!)
  • Loading times 1 to 2 seconds longer.
  • There are far less incendiary grenades, but more standard hand grenades.

There are many theories as to why the mini-games were cut, and here the two
I’ve heard:

• As is common practice for publishers to get faster product release, Capcom
    showed an incomplete version to the USK*, and mini-games added in the release
    version would cause the software to have to re-reviewed, so the mini-games were
    dropped/disabled.

• Including the mini-games would have caused the software to become illegal, or
    at least severely constricted, due to certain laws regarding violence and
    violent situations.

• “Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle” - A not profit organisation
    constructed to ensure that no entertainment software is published in Germany
    that violates human rights, the German constitution, or the values these
    protect. It also tries to protect minors against products that fall within the
    scope of the law the BPS** enforces, by assigning a rating that recommends a
    minimum player’s age.

** “Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Schriften” Federal authority
responsible for policing video and computer game content, among other forms of
media.

Bonus Disc

The Bonus Disc, which was included in the hardware bundle, has two different
versions.
In addition to the general PAL version, there is once again a special German
version, which excludes the trailer videos of RE2, RE3 and RE-CVX, as these
three games are completely forbidden by law in Germany.
Although they are quite old and not not nearly as ‘explicit’ and gory as RE4 or
other games of today are, they are still forbidden and publicly showing them in
any way is completely illegal.

Wow. What a bunch of tards. We had a German exchange student live in my house and go to my school, and he LOVED the blood, guts, and gore of my games. We even beat Re4 together. Those were the days. I sure do miss Benjamin “name that I could never hope to properly spell”.

Though, I dont think he would be the kind to commit such a HORRIBLE crime.

I’m going to watch Tron and kill my mother with a hot pink frisbee.

Well, I know this is old and over-abused by now, but…

Crazy German Kid. (I’m almost sure he was playing UT when he started smashing his keyboard).

I wonder if the media ever made any reference to this video as evidence for videogames making people violent. Please let us know, DT. Also, I’m inclined to agree with you on the kids wanting to do those things part. You got some point there. Since there was never any sign of insanity by their part, as far as the news go. I still wonder if there weren’t also any drugs involved, though, the kids could still have gone crazy because of some.

That’s silly. Pinning the blame on anything at this stage is premature and a gross error in judgement. shrugs

I would tell you if I could see the video. But since some internet cables got smashed in taiwan during a seaquake, youtube and various other .com- pages don’t work anymore. According to the preview images though I assume you’re referring to the unreal tournament- boy who trashed his keyboard. :smiley: No, I’m pretty sure it wasnt mentioned in the media (except in “funniest internet videos” maybe), as it’s pretty obviously fake.