FFCC
sonic heroes
sonic mega collection
sonic gems collection
FE: path of radiance
megaman anniversary collection
ssbm
and megaman network transmisson.

Which should I get first? I’m leaning toward ssbm.

Kill off FF:CC unless you have friends. With GBAs.

I’m personally biased against sonic and megaman games.

Last I checked Fire Emblem wasn’t out yet.

SSBM is great and cheap, get it.

I highly recommend Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Skies of Arcadia Legends is pretty cool too, if you’ve never played the DC original, which I doubt you have. Then there’s Zelda: Wind Waker, which is a rather nice and short Zelda if you can just not kill yourself over the ocean.

Other than that, there’s some fun non-GC exclusives, like Viewtiful Joe and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Not really sure what else I’d recommend, I’m a bit behind in my GC games.

RE4 is pretty awesome.

Oh shit, I keep forgetting to grab that one.

The Resident Evil remake is a good game to pick up. And like TD said FFCC is a waste unless you have friends with GBAs and connection cables. Since you’ll be getting your Cube for your birthday in a few months The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess should be out around then and the Cube version of Soul Calibur 2 is ok. Network Transmission is a bad game to buy as it’s pretty short and also quite easy. It makes a better rental.

Tales of Symphonia is a good game to get as well.

If you have an X-Box or PS2, I would strongly suggest AGAINST getting the MMAnniversary Collection on Gamecube. The jump button and shoot button are reversed.

Other than that, I’d reccomend:

Mario Kart: Double Dash
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Phantasy Star Online
Viewtiful Joe (I hear that the PS2 version has slowdown issues, but who knows…)
Zelda: Wind Waker
007: Nightfire

If you don’t have a PS2:

MM Anniversary collection
Megaman X: Command Mission
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I can’t at all reccomend:

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles…it was truly awful. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I’d reccomend strongly that you get a Game Boy Player, too. I just don’t think there are enough good games on the Gamecube alone to justify its purchase. Maybe you’ll think differently, though.

Yeah, jesus, a $50 system is SO HARD TO JUSTIFY :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, don’t grab Phantasy Star Online unless you have friends. It’s horrible when actually online, single player is one big, bad joke. It’s great with friends, though.

The PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe also has Dante as a playable character.

It is when you don’t have a lot of 50 dollars to spend on video games, and you can almost count the number of games you’d buy on the system on one hand, especially considering how long it’s been out; you’d think they’d have a few more good games. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the price of one game sure isn’t worth playing 6 other good games, if not more.

SSBM is the game to get, first of all.

And I agree with not getting FF:CC. It sucks.

Here are some that are definitely worth buying. Most were already mentioned.

Zelda: Wind Waker
Resident Evil: Remake
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars: Rogue Leader
Star Wars: Rebel Strike

SSBM , Metroid Prime and tales of symphonia were all very good. The monkey ball games should be very cheap as they’re “greatest hits”, so I recommend those as well, esp if you have friends to play with.

GCN is my favorite of the current-gen systems, even if I’ve only got 51 games for it (while that’s more than I’ve got for Xbox [31], it’s not even close to my PS2 selection [94]). I wouldn’t only say that it’s easy to justify its purchase, but I damn near require its purchase for all of my friends.

As for reccomendations, SSBM was already mentioned, as was Mario Kart, and I’d also suggest either Monkey Ball game as a good multiplayer (along with the above). Based on your age, some of my reccomendations may not be parent-friendly (Resident Evil series, Eternal Darkness, and MGS: Twin Snakes), but I would try to look for Ikaruga, Mario Golf, and the aforementioned Prince of Persia, Paper Mario, Zelda: WW, and Viewtiful Joe. One that I don’t hear too many people reccomend that I enjoyed was Wario World. It’s probably pretty cheap now, and it’s a better platformer than Mario Sunshine, even if it is pretty short. It was developed by Treasure, the same people behind Gunstar Heroes, Contra, Castlevania, Gradius, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, and Ikaruga.

You see, there is one thing wrong with that argument:

Gamecubes don’t cost 50 dollars here. They cost 100. After that, you have to take into account buying some accessories. It’ll come out to at LEAST 120 plus tax if you want a memory card. Got some friends? You can buy from 1 to 3 controllers, for 25 bucks each. So, he’s actually paying 120-200 dollars plus tax.

Paying 120-200 dollars plus tax for that few of games, to me, IS a big fucking waste. Not worth the price of buying 6 other games, especially since if I had the money to buy 6 games, I’d have the money left to buy about 1-2 (MAYBE 3 if he buys them for like 30 or 40 bucks) with some change left, depending on whether or not it came out to 120 plus tax or not.

So yeah. Hard to justify paying that kind of money on 6 games. I still reccomend getting a Game Boy Player. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless you get a refurbished one, fresh off the shelves they’re 100 bucks here too.

And yeah, wow, accesories cost a ton. 10 bucks for a memory card, 25 bucks for an extra controller which isn’t needed unless you’re going to do a lot of multiplayer shit, in which case your friends might have controllers. So now we’re at the price of 2 games and change for a SYSTEM. Jesus.

Actually, refurbished ones cost 75 bucks here, and Memory Cards cost about 20-25 bucks.

And they say Europe is expensive.

try a swapmeet you will find a good price on stuff but its also a giant risk cuz half the stuff there doesnt work -CAUTION- o and get SSMB own master and crazy hand :ark:

Used/refurbed GCNs cost $59 at Gamestop. A friend of mine just bought one last week. He also bought a memory card ($6, used), and 3 controllers (all $12, used). Grand total, he spent $102 on a system, a memory card, and 3 controllers. Since then, he’s bought SSBM, Monkey Ball, and Mario Kart. The first two he got for less than $20 a piece, the third for $40. So, for roughly $180 (which is just more than a PS2 or an Xbox), you can get a system, 4 controllers, a memory card, and 3 games, with the possibility of more games in the future.

GCN is the cheapest system, despite the fact that it has better graphics than the PS2, and has more than a handful of good games for it. If you’re trying to argue that something isn’t worth the cost, you’d have better luck looking at more expensive systems (which are all of them, PS2, Xbox, PSP, DS, and the upcoming 360). If, however, it’s just not the right system for you, well, that’s okay.

I have a GBA. I know FE ain’t out, I’m getting it for my birthday (Nov. 4) I was intending to eventually get the GB player, just not immediatley. Why play a game on the big screen when you can go to the park and play it on the little screen with rechargable batteries, right? And I’m ‘rather biased’ against guns that don’t shoot lasers, or games that have excessive blood. I’m turning only 15, let’s not rush the art of self-corruption, ok? Diablo 2 is an exclusion, it has magic and swords too. I also really don’t want any others, I suppose I should’ve said I wanted to just establish the order of games to get. My mom lives off social security and only gets money once a month.

I’d suggest Double Dash and Smash Brothers again. They’re Nintendo at it’s finest.

If you like simple, but fun RPGS, I would recommend Evolution Worlds.

I’m waiting patiently for Fire Emblem.