Gargoyles.... hate 'em!

Has anyone here played Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the good old SNES? If so, I could use a bit of help dealing with a particular enemy; the damn Gargoyle. It’s always just out of range of my weapons, and when it swoops down, sure enough I get a hit on it, but it flies into me, breaking my armour. There’s got to be a particular strategy or weapon that I can use against these buggers.

If you’ve played the game and you know how I feel, please help me out. These damn Firebrand-from-Gargoyle’s-Quest look-alikes are maddening, and pretty much the only thing stopping me from completing the game and earning the Goddess Armband for the SECOND PLAYTHROUGH! Thank you very much in return.

Yeah, I thought those guys were tough too. I used either the Magic Crossbow or the Magic Daggers to kill them. Since they don’t follow a preset pattern, it makes them all the more difficult to kill.

Attack magic is your best option, and all the while trying to dodge him. The magical crossbow is the second best weapon.

Ah…Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts…I still cannot get over how the touch of a monster can shatter a full suit of armour.
:ah-ha!:

Yup, the crossbow is the way to go. Since it shoots at a 45 degree angle, you should be able to hit him when he’s floating around. The magical crossbow is even better since it’ll home in on him.

Have fun later on trying to beat them with the Goddess Armband!

The crossbow was always my favorate weapon to stick with, it’s only disadvantage being the lack of an attack spell.

I never used attack magic. I thought the crossbow’s ability to find chests was more advantageous than any offensive spell in the game.

Ah, but the Scythe had a nice attack spell. Twin tornadoes that hit nearly everything on the screen. 8)

Originally posted by Hiryuu
I never used attack magic. I thought the crossbow’s ability to find chests was more advantageous than any offensive spell in the game.

But once you have the crossbow and gold armor, there isn’t really much need to find chests. The crossbow is still probably your best weapon against the gargoyles since they tend to dodge normal attacks.

Scythes have a damn good magic, and fairly decent attack, but I’ll always be a dagger-kinda dame.