Game Developpers better move out of Washington State

Almost every bill against videogames gets shot down even with a respectable amount of support. There was this law in California (if I remember right) that would have prohibited M rated games to be displayed in front of minors - which is even MORE moronic than this - and despite support from several key groups it never passed. I don’t see how this should be any different unless it gets a LOT of support.

Also, did anyone besides me immediately start thinking that if this law was in effect nationwide when EverQuest came out, SOE would be up to its neck in lawsuits? :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny too, since we have the top videogame programming school in a america right here in Redmond Washington. I hope they don’t take this seriously enough to let it get any further.

No you don’t, it’s in Florida!

<_<

>_>

The stores are also the problem. I remember reading one article where a guy, as part of a study, had his obviously-ten-year-old son buy an M-rated game (apparently unattended), and the cashier said, “Oh, yeah, that’s a sweet game!” as he paid for it.

Meh. Nothing new. It won’t pass, not as long as the gaming industry has as much money as it does, and not as long as Microsoft pays taxes to Washington State.

As Kagon said, crazy bills are proposed more often than people realize. There’s essentially no chance of this being passed into law. So relax.

I have two words that explain why the topic of video game violence should never be brought up: free will.