Gah, damn docotrs! ><

Well, I had an orthodontist appointment today, so I stayed home from school today (believe me, this actually sucked><), and when we got there, we find out that the whole damn office is out on vacation or something! No note or nothing, except for something to UPS. I wasted an entire day for a nonexistant Doctor’s appointment. I hate when this happens, and it happens fairly often, too! ><

Wow, THAT sucks. Have you tried talking about it with your orthodontist?

If having the day home sucked, then why didn’t you get your mom/dad to just check you out/in during your appointment?

Yeowch!!! Missing a day of school for nothing! O.O;
Your parents could have called ahead.

Originally posted by Moon Beam Girl
Yeowch!!! Missing a day of school for nothing! O.O;
Your parents could have called ahead.

It was scheduled, so I don’t see why we would need to call ahead. If anything, they should have called to confirm it.

When you have some free time like that it’s good to enjoy the opportunity to develop what master Domenico de Masi calls “creative iddle time”. BTW, what did you do in the free time you got from your doc?

Originally posted by Ren
When you have some free time like that it’s good to enjoy the opportunity to develop what master Domenico de Masi calls “creative iddle time”. BTW, what did you do in the free time you got from your doc?

Yardwork. -_-

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Yardwork. -_-

Ouch. That sucks. You got ripped off.

So. They set you up for an appoitnment during their vacation? That’s brilliant scheduling.

gee, that must’ve sucked… dunno what to say but… meh.:fungah:

i think it would be cool to miss school, but that’s just because i hate it as much as it is possible for anyone to hate anything…

most places usually call a few days before your appointment, that’s weird. You sure it was a vacation and not something more random?

Well at least you got an extra day off.Anything’s better than passing time in a classroom.

We had the SOLs today. It was ok, we got to goof off alot, but it was pretty stupid.

Does your doctor have a secretary? If not he needs one. Something like that is just so… unprofessional.

You should tell the doctor that you are not pleased with their service and go to a different doctor.

Originally posted by Merlin
most places usually call a few days before your appointment, that’s weird. You sure it was a vacation and not something more random?

I have no idea, but that’s my guess, at least. I’ll check to see if it’s open tomorrow, and get the story behind it. And Wiz, this was the first time witht his guy, and he’s damn good. I ain’t giving him up!

Originally posted by Merlin
Seems logical, being it a Canadian National Holiday today (Victoria Day).

Typically they wouldn’t schedule any appointments in that case, unless they were planning on being open.

I hated my orthodontist. I’d arrive on time, if not a few minutes early. 30 mins to an hour later I’d be called in, another 45 min in the chair staring at the cieling, before the doctor come over, askes me how I’m doing and hands me over to a nurse to cange my bands. Total apointment time: 1:30-2:00hrs. Total time with doctor/nurse, 5 mins tops. I too once had to miss almost an entire day of school just waiting 3 hours!!! That was before I was even called in!!!