Fun Fact Thread

I figured this would be a good idea for a thread. You know those useless but oh-so-interesting facts and tidbits like “If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you’d have produced enough sound energy to heat a cup of coffee”? Post them here for everyone’s enjoyment.

Here’s a few.

• It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to rip a human ear off

• The average speed of Heinz tomato ketchup coming out of the bottle is 25 miles per year.

• If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction

• Go is the shortest complete sentence in the English language

• In Paraguay, dueling is legal as long as both parties are registered blood donors (not so sure about this one)

• The average chocolate bar contains 8 insect legs (eww…)

Feel free to post any you might know!

-More people watch NASCAR in the United States than vote.

-You can be imprisoned for not voting in Fiji, Chile and Egypt

-In 1998, Sony accidently sold 700,000 camcorders that had the technology to see through people’s clothes

-California has issued at least 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ

-Until the 1960’s men with long hair were not allowed to enter Disneyland

Rar!

-Fish have no memory

Japan’s National Anthem’s name is Kimigayo? It means “His Majesty`s Reign.”

During the Vietnam War, soldiers used Slinkies as radio antennas by stretching the coiled-up toys between two trees

During WWII, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs. They failed.

Uhh… stone is not a fruit!

Actually, according to history or something, British barristers have to wear black because they’re all supposedly mourning the loss of (Queen?) Mary who died in the 1600’s. I think it’s true anyway.

-In Atlanta, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.

-There are 5 seven-letter words in the english language that contain all five vowels once.

-FACETIOUS is the only word that contains all of the vowels only once, and in alphabetical order.

-There are 121 valid two-letter words for use in Scrabble, and each letter of the alphabet appears in at least one, apart from the V. There are over 1300 threes!

-ANAGRAM has no anagram. Nor does ANAGRAMS.

-NEBAGRAM has just one anagram. Kudos to anyone who can get it without cheating. :slight_smile: Answer: BARGEMAN

-I am full of useless information like this. :wink:

-I Like Rpgs so much so, that Andy Canning (game store clerk) said that I should be taped for the next good RPG comes out.

• Lip sync on several US games is out. All the Squaresoft PS2 games have moments like this.

• you can do some Rabite Bashing on a lake by Keswick. (I have)

BigNutter
-My Tina Sprite is A real person in a Dress that I have photo’s of her in. The Film is still in the camre…

• Go is just a ‘Minor Sentence’.
  • Steve gets laid zero times per week.

we all knew that

• “Jesus wept” John 11:35 is the shortest Verse in the Bible.

Big Nutter
I get laid as much as Steve…

I get laid less than Steve :smiley:

-Every single minute someone out there is dying, and another is being born.

-Sugar is not the real source of hyperness from candy…WAHAHA!

-My brother picks his nose

-Disney movies will someday brainwash people into singing this song:

Look at the sunny side of life! Ye ha!
Look at the sunny side of life! Ye ha!

And, you’ll feel no pain a we drive you insane! Just look at the sunny side of life!

If you look at the gundams fighting dark gundam during the last two episodes of G gundam you will notice that some of the gundams are from different series.

the other series gundams you see are wing gundam, gp-o2a, and gundam 0078.(I’m sure theres more but i can’t remeber off the top of my head)

during the first haloween movie when michael kills his sister even thoegh you can see her boobs you never see her nipples.

I got a copy of the cursed video prop from the ring.In other news I am going to die in seven days unless I make a copy of the tape and show it to someone else. :moogle:

Hades just became 10 times more awexome

Someone check these with snopes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey cool, that doesn’t look photoshopped at all, so it must be true!

Here’s a good one:

All the “fun facts” found in fun fact lists are professed to be true. A large percentage of them are misleading, half-truths or flat-out lies, so people should take them with a grain of salt.