fucking doom3

it doesn’t run on windows 98

fuck fuck fuck.

poor Merl

If you’ve got a system capable of running doom3…

then why the fuck are you running windows 98 on it?

You’re fucking doom3?

dam do i feel sorry for you :noway:

I have to agree, Doom3 also supports Windows 2000 if your not able to obtain XP, which is almost as easy to get (one way or another) as flies on a dead cow…

Runs fine on my Win2k machine.

Can’t sleep, revenants will get me. :eek:

Sucker :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard theres a workaround. Search around for it. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of it SOMEWHERE…

Of course I don’t have it. I’m on [STRIKE]evil incarnate[/STRIKE] windows XP.

Because win 98 is the least shittiest Windows?

When properly configured, 2k is smooth like a baby’s ass.

…wait, that ain’t smooth at all, crap!

Well, if you mean its the least shittiest in the fact new games are going to stop supporting it and you wont be able to get anything new for your computer, then sure. WIN 98 roxxors.

I use Windows ME. I’m guess I’m really lucky and stuff for it to not suck, but it doesn’t give me any problems.

Same here. But I only use it for legacy gaming and for a bit of internet access (which I’m phasing out as it is)

Update: This thread may be able to help you run Doom3 on win98. Check it out.

I dunno, I’ve just never had a compelling reason to upgrade. Until now.

in a related subject, anyone wish to speak to me about acquiring 2k? I hear it’s somewhat superior to xp.

I can send it to you, but my version doesn’t have the install on boot for some reason, I’m gonna try to upgrade my CD this semester.

It’s more stable as the holes are already plugged, as compared to XP that still has plenty of leaks.

Be cool, go against popular flow. Instead installing doom 3, I installed doom 1: knee deep in the dead. Actually i think that makes me more… ugh forget it.

Doom 3’s gameplay is great, its scarry… its fun… But the ending, omfg, is so not worth it.

Doom 3’s gameplay is great, its scarry… its fun… But the ending, omfg, is so not worth it.

Mind spoiling the ending for me?since I don’t plan on getting it but I’m curious on why the endings not worth it

Ending spoiler:

The game ends with you entering a BADASS looking level, and getting scared shitless by moving walls and whatnot. After walking for a while, you come to the final boss, a GIANT deamon and chases you around a big portal of fire, shooting a giant gun and has lots of little minions to help attack you. You kill 5 little guys, then shoot the big guy with the soul cube. Rinse and repeat. Now that the cool part is over, the ending: So the big boy falls down and dies, then the soul cube seals the portal to hell. Then thescreen goes black. Some marines come down looking for survivors. They find you and take you out of the base. Then its like, “Where is doctor (h somthing, I forgot his name)?” and then it goes, There’s no signs of him… black screen again… opens to Dr. H guy! OMG NOES Hes a demon! And he flies around and then flies into the screen! OMG SCARRY! (sarcasm) and then credits roll… fuck that ending blew…