Fucking animal control

If any of you remember that racoon I talked about a while ago, it looked like it was finally coming to a close. We managed to trap it in a bathroom and get animal control out to remove the damn thing. Well we call, and the officers got lost on the way because they didn’t get the right directions from the office, then when hey finally get here, they have the amazing plan of opening the door and letting it go. Woo for pest control. after bickering with them about it they agreed to remove it, but in the 2 trucks that they sent neither one brought a <B><I>TRAP!</i></b> I’m not too up on animal removal 101, but I would assume there is a trap involved somewhere. So one of them goes and looks in their truck and they happen to have one of those neck lasshos for wild dogs. So they did manage to renmove the damn racoon, and will prbably take it up in to the mountains. Frankly I think this was way too much trouble to remove one damn animal.:thud:

Gee, this just goes to show how much you can trust a business…:stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I think the government handles Animal Control.

I’ve never seen a raccoon in my life, apart from on the TV.

What did it do to annoy you so much?

It came into his house and ate stuff.

You trapped it in the bathroom, but you didn’t think to just go in with your mother’s machete and finish it off? I mean, the floors are linoleum, they’re supposed to get dirty and be easy to clean. The worst you’d probably have to worry about is a little tinge on the baseboard, and perhaps some splatter on the cieling if you got into it…

That would be plain cruel.

Dude, I could barely hold it off with a sword and a broom, it almost took off the brooms head. The thing was freaking huge, and it tore up the lineolium in the bathroom.

about how long/big did it look?

Sword & broom?

Have you ever heard of GUNS? They are way better than melee weapons to do this kind of job.

d00d, you should have called me. Give me a sword and I’m always up for some mayhem.

[edit]Or an axe. Axe+target=victoly. Or you could have called Jo in…[/edit]

I assume you got a pretty good look at the animal; did it look sick/rabid in any way, or was it just big?

It was around 40-50 lbs, it got to the shelves near the ceiling of the bathroom we locked it it, and those things are a good 9 feet off the ground. And I don’t have any guns ok Ren. Kraken, I wasn’t sure so I didn’t risk it, I couldn’t really get to turn on too many lights to see.

Edit, we did try calling you Kraken

Raccoons can be vicious - I think it’s better that you just trapped it. In addition to saving yourself from injury, you didn’t have to be cruel, and you didn’t have to clean up some bloody mess.

Yeah, raccoons can be really unpredictable, so it’s usually better to trap them. I’ve never had problems with raccoons, but I once had a squirrel in our chimney, which wasn’t too much. That sucks though, Framey. At least you got the animal out.

I don’t see what the fuss is about. The raccoon is gone. Even though the process was tedious, it’ll stop bothering you.

Unless it’s a psychotic raccoon.

I can sympathize, Frame. I’m going to have to call the local Animal Control to have them do something about the vermin problem around here. Just last night a RAT wandered into my house- thru the front door, DESPITE the fact I had the lights on, the TV on, and I was sitting in the living room!

Actually, pest control should’ve showed up by now, since I reported the problem after I was bitten by a baby rat back on January (I got a rabies shot immediately, of course.) At the time, I thought it was a mouse, since I’ve been having mouse problems for months now, and I didn’t get a good look at it- but mice aren’t supposed to break free of glue traps and bite you while you’re trying to dispose of them!

Problem is, I live in a semi-rural area, AND the neighborhood’s garbage is collected RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. sigh

The fact that the owls we had around here were driven away after the trees behind my house were cut down probably also has something to do with the rodent population increase.

But what I REALLY hate are the centipedes, which always manage to sneak into my house every six months or so. The last one was last Sunday- and it was one who liked to JUMP. Yes, it JUMPED off the TV at me! I didn’t know they could do that!

I swear, soon as I have the money, I’m going to have the WHOLE house sealed tight!

BTW, glad to know you FINALLY got rid of the Racoon from Hell, Frame.

you should’ve just killed it.

I feel bad for the raccoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I think it was easier said that done to kill the (not so little) guy. The suggestion of the machete was disgusting. -_- If anything, poison in the food prob’ly would’ve worked. But he’s gone now, so that’s that.

I’m glad it wasn’t hurt and the damage was minimal.

That’s why I never bother with Animal Control when it comes to pests. I handle them well enough.

The guys from Animal Control usually don’t really care about those situations. But they’ll be too eager to pester people for no good reason.