Fuck.

Demi: power surge, dork.

Jing: Really? Damn, they don’t do that in Canada o_O (and I DO remember it being -30 and a below).

I _drive_20+ miles each way to go to school, more when I have to go to work while having 12 hour days, 5 days a week. So I have you all beat. Now everyone drop their pants and we’ll see who’s bigger.

Wow, that’s far. I only ever lived 1 1/2 miles from school. But that’s just inside the distance you had to be to take the bus, so I always walked. Rain, snow, whatever. For all 12 years of my public school education.

Originally posted by Frameskip
Cast Magic Missle.

Yes, ATTACK THE DARKNESS!

Ouch. A blackout. Heaven forbid. Your food will spoil! gasp

(has no sympathy)

Sin: Yeah, the rule exists, but it’s never been in invoked as far as I know. =P There is no such thing as snow-days here, though. At least we had <i>that</i> in Canada! During exam week! That was nice.

I’ve only had a few power outages, but they were bad. That must be horrible, Val.

As some of you might remember I moved into a new house a year ago, and it’s about a 15-20 minute drive to my school from there. But a few years ago when I lived in my old house (and went to a different school) it usually took 30-40 minutes to get there.

Well, I’m back. Couple places still out, but we got power again. Don’t know the details, but think a car crash somehow resulted in the loss.

DT: I never said this was a horrible disaster, it was just an inconvenience.

And I never thought my Commute was that big. But then again, I’m an idiot when it comes to things like that.

We had a blackout in my street once, we did everything in candlelight and they still sent me to school. It was over within a day though.

I’m magically fused into the Internet. Have to, as there aren’t any service providers here in the Dimension of Death. The same goes for the power grid, which I of course pick at will.

I rarely experience blackouts, and if I do they have been scheduled weeks in advance. We had a big one last year though, was pretty cool.

Canandaigua had a blackout? Weird. We didn’t experience anything here…

Yeah, it’s supposed to have been an isolated incident or sumtin, i dunno.

Yeesh, I hate not having power. but most blackouts that happen here happen during the summer. No air conditioning, that sucks.

Hahaha, all you suckers gotta commute like a million miles to get to school… I live 5 minutes away from mine. 5 minutes!!!

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
I live 5 minutes away from mine. 5 minutes!!!

Wow, my first hatred on this forum is born.

I’m about 10 minutes by car, about an hour by walk -_-

I used to live up the street from my school, but my parents moved us to like 30 minutes away, so now it sucks.

Damn, I envy you all. If I wanna get my morning ritual done (Bathing, brushing, shaving, coffee) and still get to school in time I have to wake up at 4:50 AM.

Originally posted by Frameskip
Cast Magic Missle.

lol. What is the link for that again?

What? Fucking hell man, I get up at 6:45-7:00, do all of those and I’m out the door at 7:25.

I have to take the bus (Which takes about 20 minutes to arrive and half an hour to get to it’s destiny), then I have to take the metro which is around another half hour, the take ANOTHER bus which accounts for ANOTHER half hour. So I get to school around 6:40 to 7:10. I have to be there at 7:20.

Of course I have to consider than the public transport is very volatile so I have to be prepared for delays and the like. Sucks to live so far away from school (It’s the only decent Social Studies High School around… well not exactly around.).