Fuck yeah! Fuckin' finally.

I got accepted to the Georgia dealio. It’s only a couple fo weeks though, which sucks, but yeah, I’ll be in Georgia later this year. In other good news, I’ll finally be able to get my Hummer license in June. The bad news though is that they are giving me a machine gun and I may have to give up my rifle. DAMNIT! So yeah, that’s pretty much it.

Congratulations then. :cool:

Great work and good luck. :biggrin:

It takes effort to get a Humvee license in the marines? I was basically forced to get one as soon as I did my first 2 week reserve thing.

And when you say machine gun, what kind? M60? M249 SAW? .50 Cal(Which would make you a turret gunner) 240B?

Hurrah.

Congradulations.

Nice going. :slight_smile:

To get a Hummer license you have to volunteer for it or get “voluntold.” I’ve volunteered for it before, but the platoon sergeant was a dick and said that I would never get a license and didn’t put my name on the lsit when asked who wanted to get one. My unit uses AT to train as if we are in combat. Extra qualifications, like a Hummaer license, are done on special work. Not everyone gets one. It’s also a two week course, so not everyone has the time to do it (since AT is used for actual field ops).

I’m gonna get a 240G. I’d rather have a SAW, but I’d rather have a 240 more than a .50 cal or MK19. M60? Those haven’t been used since Vietnam I think; those are old ass guns. However, as long as I get to keep my M16 I’ll be happy (I doubt it, but I can hope).

Thank you to everyone else.

Army still uses 60s, they’re reliable and really easy to maintain. SAWs are a bigger pain in their ass to just be a 5.52 auto.

Jesus, thats alot of pain in the ass just to get licensed on a fucking 4x4.

240G is newer 7.62 machine gun?

And around here everyone has a pistol (our CO only) a SAW or a 16( or m4). Even the 60 gunners have 16s to carry everywhere since we all HAVE to have one.

Damn marines. Having less people allows you guys to have newer and better gear :confused:

M-16 is a damn-fine rifle.

What’s going on in Georgia that you have to go there? And I wouldn’t complain about having to use the Machine Gun - it’s safer, since you shouldn’t be coming under direct fire if you ever have to use it in battle, and <EM>has</EM> to be more fun to learn to use than the M-16! =P

Huzzuh!

Congratulations.

machine gunners get more direct fire than rifleman. Machine gunners pose a more dangerous threat, making them a “better mark” to shoot at. If we know this, the other side does too.

Machine Gunners lie prone and provide supressive fire. If everyone’s properly doing their job, they shouldn’t see the enemy - let alone get fired at by them.

if everyone would do their job, there wouldn’t be wars at all now, would there ?

Actually, machine gunners get the most fire since we are the most danergous and they want to take us out first. It is easier to aim a machine gun than a rifle since you have tracers with a machine gun and can move in on a target. A rifle you have to aim. Also, a machine gun sucks since it is 4 times as heavy as a M16 (M16 is about 7 lbs., a 240 is about 24.6 alone plus a 6 pound barrel, plus it uses more and heavier rounds). Also, in combat, almost everyone gets in the prone, it’s easier to aim and you are less exposed. With a machine gun it is just harder to get into the prone since it is so much bigger and you carry it differently. Like if a fire team is moving, they’ll usually have a machine gun (usually a 240 or a SAW) rushing with them to give that base of fire. However, machine guns do take more since they are more dangerous. Machine guns are more fun to fire (except for the volume) than a M16, but they are also harder to maintain (since they have more parts and shoot so many more rounds) and carry as I said earlier.

As for Georgia, I’m not sure what’s going on over there. However, I think I’ll jsut be doing training.

Actually, DT we have older and worse gear than you guys. Like our hardbacks don’t have the shield around the .50 and shit. You guys also get the M4 and are working to get that new XM something. Our cammies are the newest thing that we actually got before you guys. SAWs aren’t that abd since they are pretty much a smaller 240. Yeah, the 240 uses 7.62. We don’t get as new or as much as you guys since our budget is split with the Navy and we have a smaller budget. Also, there is a good chance I’ll lose my M16 and get a M9 since I have a 240 now.

As for the Hummer thing, I don’t know. Luckily my current platoon sergeant is pretty cool, unlike the old one who was a shitbag.

My dad was a 60 gunner in Vietnam, he showed me some pictures of what 7.62 NATO does to a person. It aint pretty. My grandad used a BAR in both WW2 and Korea, and he’s described to me what that monster could do to a person. I’ve also seen what 30-06 does to deer. I have his old Kabar tucked away in a drawer somewhere as a family heirloom. The berretta is a good handgun too, but i fell in love with the 1911.

You get the armor as soon as you hit the ground in deployments. You arent allowed to travel without it in country at ALL anymore without armor. (At least not the corps support group we’re attached to)
We have 2+ SAWs per platoon, and 2+ 60s per platoon. Only a few people(Our lieutenents…cant spell that shit… and platoon sergeants are the only ones. One of them tried to give theirs to our supply clerk, since she’s 4’11 and cant hold an M-16 properly with her body armor on. But, our commader still had an M-16, so he’s the one who ended up with it instead. LMTV’s (the replacements for the old 5-ton and 2-1/2 ton trucks)suck ass the cab rests ON THE TURBO INTAKE (@( @(&R(@U)(@&(&(@(&@$(^@$&(@&&@($()$&(*@&$. And the uparmored cabs are prone to snapping free and rolling off in case of a tire blowout.\

Rar :confused:

I’m talking about the armor around the turret. I’m not talking about body or vehicle armor. As far as I’ve seen, you guys have had it since the beginning of the war and the Marine Corps still doesn’t have it. We’ve armored the sides, but not the turrets. Also, you guys don’t have 7-tons? Maybe we are getting some newer stuff. 7-tons are pretty nice as long as the driver doesn’t suck.