FUCK PITTSBURGH!

No, I was going for the Giants too. What you seemed to be saying is that the team I wanted to win was automatically the team that I thought SHOULD win, which isn’t the case. I’m not going for the Wings because I like them. I hate them almost just as much as Pittsburgh. But they at least earned their berth in the finals and have a lot of obvious skill from top to bottom. Pittsburgh doesn’t have the kind of talent Detroit does, and since they were in the finals last year with a far better team than they have now against Detroit with a much worse team than they have now, they have no underdog mojo for me. The winner of this series should be pretty clear cut. Picking The Pens would not have been a worthy risk.

The pressure thing is what I find weird. Carolina didn’t crumble against FAR better teams than Pittsburgh. So why did they choose to ease up in round 3? I don’t get it.

You are confused why Pittsburgh destroyed the inferior Canes because you can’t grasp this simple concept: Pittsburgh has been the best team in the NHL since March 1st, when they got Crosby some wingers and got healthy for a coach that lets them play. First half is irrelevant, throw it out; they are a completely different team. 14 - 2 - 3.

The Canes only scored more than two regulation goals in 6 of their last 14 games, which is pathetic. They’re lucky Ward was hot. And sure enough, they scored more than 2 against Pittsburgh once. You expected a Canes team averaging 2 goals a night to beat a team with Malkin and Crosby, two of the three best offensive players in the world? Comedy.

You keep saying Pittsburgh was a bunch of bottom feeders, but they’ve been ahead of the Canes a majority of the season and never fell more than a couple points behind them. Why don’t you acknowledge how uninformed and ignorant you are. Just look at the graph and weep because you know you are wrong:

Save some tissues for next year, because the only team in the East that has a prayer of beating Pittsburgh is Washington. And that’s only if Varlamov can do what he did this year again, and that’s unlikely. And next year the Tangradi show begins :hahaha;

Bottom line is this:

Pittsburgh played Carolina 8 times this year. The result? They beat them 6 out of 8 games, and outscored them fucking 32 - 19. Why does Carolina quit against Pittsburgh? Because their “superstar” Eric Staal (-10 in the series vs Jordan) and the rest of the team quits after Ward gives up 3 goals, because they know their sad excuse for an offense can’t score more than 2.

Oh~! Pens win 4-2, Malkin leads the game with 6 shots, 5 hits, and two more points to give him 35. That’s good for the 7th best playoff total ever, and the best since 1993.

Hey Hades, I’m sure you caught the game - was it all luck? Would the Canes have swept Detroit and won the cup tonight? Ready for game 5? Pens should take the series, they have the momentum now. And Geno is God.

Geno is God?

ITT: Tying a series 2-2 means you’ve won it.

fixed

Where is Steve’s girlfriend? I need to get her number

Anyone headed to Detroit Friday? I’ll be there.

Have fun, man – should be a good one.
I just made a “small” bet on the Motor City.

That’s who my money would be on too, but I can always hope!

Whelp

Just goes to show if you do the exact opposite of what hades says and does you’ll end up doing pretty well in life.

Since I lost my bet, the thread’s title is very à propos.
Fuck Pitsburg!
That was an excellent game nevertheless, perfect match-up.

The 984 is always right.

Pittsburgh outplayed Detroit in the first two games even though they lost, and then they beat Detroit 4 out of the last 5 games. Maybe the best team did win?

<-- my brother, --> me. Best $375 I spent in my entire life.

Sorry Wings fans, not this year.

Geno! Conn Smythe! First Russian to ever win it, and he deserved it - 36 points in 22 games. Not bad for a 22 year old - 7th best playoff total ever.

Us again, cup celebration in the background.

Sid! Crying into the Stanley Cup.

And of course, Mario Lemieux! 2 as a player, one as an owner. And I think he has a few more coming. What a ride…