FRUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX!!(not really..)

Originally posted by Last Cetra
Ehrgeiz shucks. Now Tobal 2 was a good game, but then again it was made by Dream Factory, not Square:mwahaha:
And Star Ocean / Valkyrie Profile (aka the best psx rpgs from far) were made by Tri-Ace.

Well they were affliated with Enix somehow.

EDIT: I just checked my discs for VP and it has Enix written all over it, nothing of Tri Ace, though I know you have to be at least partially right about SO.

Hmm… that wasn’t mentioned on any of the sites I went to for my Squaresoft report…
Oh well, I’ve played it only a few times. All I know is that Squaresoft is on the cover :stuck_out_tongue:

Star Ocean was actually co-made by both Enix and Tri-Ace :stuck_out_tongue:

Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Destiny I, II are all really good RPGs. They’ve like included beat-em-up elements into RPGs, which is what I like, instead of that menu crap the FF series gives me :stuck_out_tongue: (except Chronicles, which I hope is good :D)

Originally posted by DomaDragoon
Try telling that to fans of Einhander or Bushido Blade or Rad Racer.

Every game has fans of it (well…except Superman 64 and the likes).
Einhander is a good game, I’ll give you that, but Bushido was average to me.
But Square does it’s job best at RPGs.

Originally posted by Gackt
Oh well, I’ve played it only a few times. All I know is that Squaresoft is on the cover :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah the small companies never get the credit… Usually small developers are over shadowed by the publishers.
Eva i’m sure VP was made by tri-Ace, if i’m not mistaken its logo should appear at the start of the game. If it doesn’t, well that’s pretty sad of Enix to have omitted such a thing, but i think it’s not the case.
Cless I’m not sure about the co-making of SO but you could be right. IMO Enix just published and was responsible for arranging the localization.

Originally posted by Pierson
As I see it, we don’t ask Namco to make RPGs, and we don’t ask Square-Enix to make beat-em-up’s.
Ever heard of a little game called Xenosaga, made by Namco? >_>

Enix published the game, while Tri-Ace “built” the game. That’s why it feels like Star Ocean, which had the same feel to it.

I think Giz is oversimplying things. Square is not “the RPG company” any more than Namco is “the beat-em-up company”. In my opinion Namco makes games much more gameplay and fun oriented, while Square tries the innovative new stuff that drunken Japanese businessmen think up and also tries for heavy storyline stuff, like in FFX and X-2.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
I think Giz is oversimplying things. Square is not “the RPG company”

While they do make non-RPG games, they make more RPGs then they do non.

and we don’t ask Square-Enix to make beat-em-up’s.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals is pretty much a beat-em’-up/hack-n’-slash

Enix owns Tri-Ace. It’s one of their subsidiaries, so technically Enix did everything with the game since Enix employees work there.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
Einhander… I love thee… goes and plays again, still trying to beat Hard mode

Einhander rocks… but I still prefer iS : Internal Section more :stuck_out_tongue:

And before Last Cetra tries to correct me, I know Positron developped iS while Square only published the title :stuck_out_tongue:

BUSHIDO BLADE!

Obviously, it’s been mentioned more than once in the thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Dragon God
[b]Einhander rocks… but I still prefer iS : Internal Section more :stuck_out_tongue:

And before Last Cetra tries to correct me, I know Positron developped iS while Square only published the title :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

Sorry for being so precise and annoying mister :hahaha;

And Kagon perhaps you got your information wrong, I don’t think Enix ever owned tri-Ace such as Nintendo never owned Rareware. The “tri” in tri-Ace stands for the cooperative work on rpgs of sections of Alfa System, Wolf Games and Namco, if anyone was to “own” tri-Ace I think it would more reasonably be Namco as the largest company behind it.

And I just found out Ehrgeiz was also made by DreamFactory… sad thing, they could’ve pulled a Tobal 3 instead, would’ve been so much better :moogle:

Originally posted by Sohee
Ever heard of a little game called Xenosaga, made by Namco? >_>

I hated Xenosaga. But I did like Einhander. Or is Ehrghiez(sp?) the fighter.

My biggest beef with Suare-Enix right now is FFXI. I’m mad that they actually made it a part of the series (hence the roman numeral). It so should have been FF Online or somethng.

Square-Enix is doing a lot better than the late Square in my opinion. Their only real goof up is FFXI, and Square had been planning that for a long time.

And yes, I do love FFX-2.