French using live dogs as shark bait.

I like Weekly World News better, with the black and white frontpage headlines like ‘WMDs IN CANADA!’ and ‘NOSTRADAMUS SEEN AT MCDONALD’S RESTAURANT!’

there could be an off chance of there, holy shit, NOT ACTUALLY BEING ANY TRUTH TO THE STORY :smiley:

But the article says they also used kitties! :o

And the article is so damn believable. <3 So what was that about nostradamus in a mc’donalds, trilly? :o

It’s the Sun. You shouldn’t believe a word they say about kitties.

You mean you don’t normally use dogs as shark baits?

Remember when I said I had seen cruelty towards animals to some extents? I’ve already seen a video where people put a hook on the spout of a dog just like that, and then they hanged the poor animal from a branch. And then, after some time, they started swinging the dog with some force (fortunately the guys doing this were arrested). I think the dog’s lips wouldn’t rip if the hook was connected like in that pic…

I have never seen dogs nor cats used as shark bait, but I remember when I was a kid, I saw some fishermen trying a live chicken.

Which would still be crap and a lot less effective than if you took regular meat, because sharks sense blood in water over incredibly long distances and react to it a lot faster than random movements in it.

Snopes to the Rescue!

I’ve stared at The Sun for a long time because the tabloid stands are right in front of the checkout counter at my drug store. Those things are so cheap, they’re not worth the paper they’re printed on. Tabloid=false.

Because using dogs as sharkbait is much more curel than starving to death and then declaring war on country like America did. Or shooting protesters and laybor union workers, like we did. Or, lynching uppity slaves, like America did. While France officially objected to it. Oh shits, America loses!

Also, it’s safe to say this article is bullshit.

Which is what I said in my first post ¬_¬ that they would either do this out of stupidity or for mere cruelty.

Firstly dogs can swim quite well, and secondly a quick jerk on that hook would rip it right out.