Free speech helps terrorists.

Ze article

Hellooooooooo slippery slope.

Hellooooo 1984.

How exactly would this help to stop terrorism? When did terrorist recruit through public channels and when on earth were bombs and kidnappings and executions affected by free speech? It seems obvious to me that this has nothing at all to do with terrorism, but rather some sick desire to twist USA into USSR or Oceania.

Yeah, god forbid anybody ever drop Nuclear weapons on a city full of civilians.
On another note, it’s good to see someone in the white house finally adopting a communist doctrine. Too bad, it just happens to Stalinist/Maoist. See all you guys in the Gulags or burried alive. One of the two.

Uh, its Newt Gingrich :expressionless: A scary thought, but he’s got as much play as Rush Limbaugh or Weekly World News.

Times like this I’m glad I live up here in Canadia. The USA can keep these old freaks.

Yeah because Harper reopening the vote to vote on the revote of equal marriage on dec. 4th is really a warm fuzzy thing to think about.

Free Speach is alot like freedom fighters. Free is only free if you are part of the side that is winning/writing the history/somehow on top in the area.

Hello witch hunts!

:kissy:

Hey I never said it was PERFECT, but we still got it a tad better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do we still use such euphemisms as “undoing the freedom of speech in order to protect people from terrorism”? They could straight out say “we want to control what you think and say”. I’d be a lot happier if people were more sincere about what they want, even if it’s something that I would fight against.

Gingrich is really heading towards communism, thats more of a trend towards fascism or a dictatorship. Still bad, but a much different kind of bad…

Now for the rant. This pisses me off so much. Why do some people think that the best way to keep America safe is to give up everything that makes America worth keeping safe? Sure, we will be a hell of a lot safer if we take away the entire Bill of Rights, lock everyone up in a nice secure place, like an armed camp, and “disappear” anyone who seems to be of a different religion, race, or political party.
“The terrorists hate our freedoms.” I hear this stupid statement time and again on the radio, and on TV. Apparently the solution is to take away all our freedoms, then they wont hate us anymore. Maybe they should think for even half a second before they open their mouths. Bin Laden attacked for one main reason, we had an air base in Saudi Arabia, what he considers “holy ground, which should not be occupied by infidels.” That was the main (though not the only) reason for the attack. One of the first things we did after the attack was close that base. It’s interesting how we have to fight them at all costs, then we give in to their demands.
There are many terrorists operating within Iraq. This is true now, which is a big jump over the 0 operating from Iraq before we went in and started the wholesale slaughter and torture of civilians. one of my favorite quotes from this debacle was “Saddam Hussein’s torture prisons are still fully operating in Iraq, they’re just under new management.”

You know, if some other country invades us, and starts killing and torturing people, I’m going to become a “terrorist” and fight the people occupying us too.

Guh, what a goober. :thud:

That’s why they bombed Sweden.

Just for the record:

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 18.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Article 22.

Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.

Article 28.

Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.

Article 30.

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

Hm, right.

Everyone means people we like, duh.

I guess that now means it will be a part of the “Axis of Evil.”

The terrorist threat in AMerica is already pretty much under control.

While I don’t like my former Representative saying this, Gingrich doesn’t have much pull now. He’s a longshot for the Republican nomination, and an even longer one for president. He’ll only get any real pull if he joins some think tank or appointed to some position, and given how the bad memories Gingrich would bring back, I think he’s a long shot for an appointment too.

He’s too busy writing historical fiction about what would have happened had the South won the Battle of Gettsyburg.

More southern rock bands?

God I wish.

Rock on.