Free PC's to watch ads

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/12/17/free.pc.reut/index.html

Alot of techs on my other board are talking about how stupid it is because techs will get around it.

I am willing to bet they know that there are ways around almost everything. They are probably going to employ people to test it and find every way they can to prevent you from blocking them. It is just too obvious that techs will “Find a way around it” for them NOT to research it and block everything they can.

Even if someone found a way around it, people cannot keep thier mouth shut and word will spread and get back to them and they will disable it.

That computer would be alright for old people. Me, I need something to play all my games on.

I’d take it, rip some of the parts out (like that 2.4 ghz processor, mmmmm), and put them in my ad-free computer. Doesnt say I can’t do that, does it?

Each household will also have to use the computer for at least 30 hours a month – about an hour a day.

Well, gutting the bastard’s a no-no. :too bad; But ad breaks? let’s see…

-make a drink
-have a piss
-grab a snack from the fridge
-cut your toenails

-but, most importantly of all, don’t watch the ads! :mwahaha:

hmmm, well, i could take the 2.4 ghz out of the adcomp, and the 1.3 ghz out of my current comp, put the 1.3ghz in the adcomp, and the 2.4 ghz in my comp. And leave the adcomp on perpetually. That’ll solve that problem, netting me a free processor:mwahaha:

but i don’t live in the UK… dammit

Get one and reformat it.

Formatting could work, but I think they might have some anti-formatting appkication. The best way is just to install Linux on it.

Man, how low will some people sink to force their ads onto people?

Originally posted by Uriel
Formatting could work, but I think they might have some anti-formatting appkication. The best way is just to install Linux on it.
You need a formatted partition to install a new operating system, smart one.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Man, how low will some people sink to force their ads onto people?

Oh, don’t worry, the bottom of the barrel hasn’t been an obstacle to anyone before and I doubt that it, combined with about a foot of topsoil from beneath the barrel, will be now, either. :thud:

Sorry Epic, I didn’t know.

Yeah, a reformat would solve the ad problem fast, and you have a free computer. I would probably get one just to screw around with.

It would be extremely stupid of them to do this because someone WILL find a way around it and it would spread rapidly like KaZaa. And also like KaZaa, you cannot search every house that has it because there are simply too many. Stupid.

Hey I could use a new Hard Drive.