Forums reopened!

Ok guys, after a bit of an absence the forums are back up! But, as you’ll notice none of you have any posts. Because we didn’t have any backups beyond December, we decided to purge all the threads on the boards and all your posts with it. All accounts made before December 2002 should still be fine, otherwise you’ll have to reregister. As for user titles, we’ve decided that anyone who had 850 posts or more before the server went down will get their own user title, the rest of you will have to go back up the ladder, sorry.

I will have more news for you as to what exactly happened when I have time, right now I gotta work on real life stuff plus getting the rest of the site working along with the rest of the staff. So just stay patient, give us time to fix the other miscellaneous bugs on the boards right now (Zero and Sin will be doing a lot of that), and otherwise resume business as usual.

Remember, your post and title is just a number and a name. What matters is what you and others think of yourself.

-Merlin

I foresee many many many “1st one to post” threads. Reminds me of when I opened up Faetan’s forum…hehehe…

Update: Avatar changing is currently unavailable, as is likely most uploading. It’ll be fixed in the morning.

It was I who actually got the first post ever on the agora. It wasn’t even “Mysteriously deleted” either. I’m proud :stuck_out_tongue:

Er, and while we’re at it, can we change my title to

I don’t WANT a large Farva!

It’s like 1 or 2 characters too long. :stuck_out_tongue:

request that in the right thread SG.

Heh, it feels like everyone gets kind of a fresh start now. Cheers to a fresh start here and may the person that made that worm rot in a maggot infested pit for the rest of his days and in the afterlife.

Heh, the world feels right…

Originally posted by Frameskip4
Heh, it feels like everyone gets kind of a fresh start now. Cheers to a fresh start here and may the person that made that worm rot in a maggot infested pit for the rest of his days and in the afterlife.

Originally posted by Sephiroth252
Heh, the world feels right…
I dunno. With some of the stuff we lost…

Methinks drinking large quantities of chlorine would be uch more palatable.

MAN I am not used to these smilies.

No matter how I look at this, I see no good at all >_<

I feel really sorry for the people who actually bring us RPGClassics, too - it’s gonna be a bitch to fix back up. What really makes me sad is . . . the Group Story! :’( Tell me someone made a back up!

:slight_smile: Wow all these smileys are weird.

Wait… The pic posting thread… is it all gone?

And let’s hope they learn to backup things more often: Since it can’t be guaranteed something like this won’t happen again, it’s best to prevent as much damage as possible from being done.

Anyway. I wonder what avatar I had back in December. Edit: Ah. It’s that one. And: I guess I should be happy I never had my usertitle from Halloween changed back.

Well, we backed up the important stuff. One has to wonder just how important it is to back up the posts on the boards.

SK, look at 50% of the people here.

And it isn’t that hard to do a MySQL backup. Hell, a VB backup is even easier. You hit the backup button and you instantly get a TXT file I believe.

Well SK, it’s important that some posts be backed up really when it comes to stuff like the media forum where people were collaberating to build stories. I don’t see any particular reason why we wouldn’t back EVERYTHING up when we do backups anyways.

Hard drive space, Bandwidth, actual time it would take… the list goes on.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
[b]SK, look at 50% of the people here.

And it isn’t that hard to do a MySQL backup. Hell, a VB backup is even easier. You hit the backup button and you instantly get a TXT file I believe. [/b]

It’s easy yes: But RPGC’s database was huge. I guess this reset is an excellent oppertunity to start backup things more often.

I know, but you can click Backup, go off to class, and come back and it’s done.

Update: Avatars and uploading should be working fine now.