For you er- northerners

I’m not sure what the exact word would be. It’s not even northern people, but I digress.

I was thinking about moving up to NY or LA or some place that actually has a populace of other Democrats at some point in my life. However, I heard some news that was rather troubling. Someone told me that, up north, they don’t have Chicken Fried Steak. What’s more, they said that in the odd chance that someone would have chicken fried steak (under the name “Country Fried Steak,” which doesn’t make any sense), he said it’s not served with real cream gravy.

What kind of mad world do you people live in?!?! Please, for the love of God, tell me this isn’t true!

Then, to top it all off, he said there were no Waffle Houses! How can one live without one’s Waffle House?

I assume that he was living in some sort of crazy dream. He’ll come to his senses and tell me that you can get chicken fried steak, served with a proper cream gravy, all over the world, at Waffle Houses, no less.

Just learn to cook for yourself, you fool!

Waffle Houses make me sick. Sorry, they’re just disgusting. IHOP can kick their ass, any day of the week.

I have not seen any in PA…or NJ for that matter, since I’m down there very often as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is one or two somewhere around here, but they definitely have a smaller penetration then they do in the south.

And i have no clue what the fuck a frying chicken steak is. :hahaha; :hahaha;

We DO have charcoal pits though. Best.Restaurant.Ever.

No Sonic either, but we do have the International House of Pancakes

I can cook, but no one can make cheese-eggs like Waffle House can make cheese eggs. And IHOP is of the devil. Their food is terrible, slow coming, and overpriced. I go to Waffle House, I have food within 10 minutes, I watch as it’s cooked, it costs me $6 for food and drink, and it’s delicious.

I’m unsure on your first question, but we do have Philly Cheese Steaks up here, which are also quite meritorious. As for your second concern, there are nine Waffle Houses in Pennsylvania and two in Delaware, but none in New York or California.

Philly Cheese Steak is okay, but I must have my Chicken Fried Steak. It takes too long to cook to be worth it as a standalone meal, but if a restaurant serves it, it’s absolutely amazing.

I know Perkin’s and/or Denny’s has Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, however it is called Country Fried Steak

Get thee behind me, Satan.

Denny’s feels like a fancy Waffle House. Kind of scares me, honestly.

You people are morons. IHOP is not like Waffle House, no matter what the menus are. IHOP is a restaurant. Waffle House is a diner. IHOP is where you go for a nice, relaxing meal. Waffle House is for late night meals or truckers. IHOP sucks. Waffle House fucking rules.

As for Democratic Georgia places to live (as in developed and not good ol’ boys Democrats), I would suggest Savannah, Athens, or Augusta. They have 6, 4, and 13 Waffle Houses each respectively. They’re all in the same district for some weird reason. Maybe Dekalb too. It’s Republican, metro-Atlantan, but it’s in the same district as a good portion of Atlanta, so it gets the “honor” of Cynthia McKinney as a representative. Why Denise Majette decided to run for Senate, I’ll never know.

Georgia is of course a possibility, and it did bring us a Democratic president in the last 30 years, which is something.

And fully agreed about the different experience between IHOP and Waffle House. If I just want to sit for 2 hours in a nice environment and spend a little more on food, I go to IHOP from time to time (besides, they’ve got good French Toast). But, for anything else, Waffle House is my place of dining.

Well I’m not entirely sure what Waffle House is really like, but it sounds like IHOP or Dennys here in cali. As for chicken fried steak you’ll be very head pressed to find a place with it other than my moms kitchen on super rare occasions. Most people here would have a heart attack thinking about the ingridents.

A place that makes Denny’s feel fancy? Jesus, I have to check out a Waffle House when I’m in the south some day.

In the midwest, we have George Webb. Slower then ‘fast food’ and a dinner. The chicken soup is kind of green, the burgers are cheap and it’s open 24 hours a day. If the Millwaukee Brewer’s win 12 games in a row there is some super discount, but that never happens anymore.

From what you said, in the Midwest George Webb is our Waffle House, as far as the coasts go, I have no clue

DAMN IT, Skip. Waffle House is NOT like IHOP! >:E It’s a fucking diner! A DINER! Not a restaurant! You non-Southerners need to get that through your heads!

Waffle Houses are like 20 cubic feet big and have a higher population in Georgia then humans.

It’s true. Georgia has 363 Waffle Houses. The state with the next most Waffle Houses is Florida with 150. Texas has 96. My city alone has 13. That’s more than three times the number in Kansas.

Shit man, Waffles are just square pancakes

Thare are pancake houses that serve waffles up her in NY whare I am:hint:, but what in God’s name is a chicken fried steak?

BTW did you know that America is the most obese(or whatever country in the world?Especially in the South.(no offense)me=underwieght weakling :runaway:

PS- I stayed up to 2:48 last night and had to wake up at 7:00 in the morning.
(only 9:34 & I am already tired)

i wonder if arnold s. (can’t spell his last name) knows what chicken friend steak is.Arnold is the governor of the state i live in.also i am not sure if he is a democrat but he is married to a wife from a famous democratic party family so he might be -Kennedy-he just might be a democrat.i know he isn’t a dixiecrat like Strom Thurmond.i sure never heard of chicken friend steak- sounds like it might taste better than a mcdonalds hamburger though.i should try it and next time i see Governor arnold speaking at any community meetings in my neighborhood i will ask him if he has heard of it and if he is a democrat.Always glad to be of help