For the record-

I don’t “suck” because I think a band that has absolutely no talent whom I can’t stand for more than five minutes is funny sometimes.

But people who attack others (physically, verbally, whatever) for no reason DO suck.

Those with completely elitist attitudes towards music suck, too. Yeah, people MUST suck because they like a certain band. I see the logic.

I know plenty of people who have absolutely horrid taste in music, and I can respect that. Hell- some people have really BROAD tastes in music. I have a friend that will listen to nearly EVERYTHING, and she has to be one of the coolest people I will ever know.

Time for this thread to be closed, most likely. Ah, well.

Wha?

You’re probably taking it too seriously man, it’s just the internet. It’s not like he killed your mother and raped your dog(\m/Dying Fetus\m/).

You know, dude, you like to dish it out, but you sure can’t take it. Either calm your hormones over the fact that I flippantly told you that you suck, or stop putting similar things in your own posts. Make up your mind. Oh, and “music elitism”? It’s called “discernment,” babe.

EDIT: For the record, I didn’t close this, someone else did. I’m reopening this so your head doesn’t explode from self-righteousness.

down with music nazis.

I JOKE about being elitist, but in reality I couldn’t give a fuck about what anybody listens to, as long as they give MANY things a chance (which I have).

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you, babe.

“babe”?

Don’t you fuckers have anything better to do than to flame each other about which bunch of angst-riddled depressios is better at yelling at the top of their lungs over amplifiers? Like, I dunno, MASTURBATE? You’ll need the practice.

(/needed to let that out)

this is against flaming people about music. read, you dork.

I’d also like to say that people shouldn’t have to give many things a chance in order to not be considered a member of the “musically elitist” or whatever.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Like, I dunno, MASTURBATE?
Why not take your own advice? You seem to have enough pent-up aggression for it.

It was more of a broad general statement. I find it annoying that a lot of people have nothing better to do than argue about stuff like this. I never got into listening to music, so perhaps there’s something I’m missing.

SK: Yeah, thanks to people like you. Actually, I’m a lot less agressive in the chat, especially when surrounded by non-idiots. But then you get people like CC telling me what a fucking idiot I am because I can’t tell the difference between…uhh, insert two music groups here…you get the idea.

X, shut the fuck up and don’t post in this thread.

We weren’t arguing about anything. I flippantly told Cybercompost that he sucked, which is something you do to people on a minute-by-minute basis, and closed the thread because it was pointless and the other thread on that subject had previously been closed for the same reason (though not by me). He then went off the deep end. I’m as perplexed as you are.

Of course, if someone were to flippantly draw a parallel between:

The Mightiest and Most Sacred of All Bands, Joy Division
[one mainstream radio hit before singer Ian Curtis died suddenly, thus preventing us from ever knowing what they could have accomplished and become]

and Drowning Pool
[one mainstream radio hit before singer What’s His Name died suddenly, thus preventing us from ever knowing for sure what they could’ve accomplished and become even though I honestly didn’t expect to be impressed by them very much]

in the wake of the death of the latter, well, such blasphemy could not possibly be tolerated by any discerning music fan or be greeted with calmed hormones.

:smiley:

Maybe if you were a lot less flippant about dismissing people’s opinions as products of their character flaws they wouldn’t harbor such opinions of you as “thickheaded dickface” as one person in the chat put it. Besides, it’s CC, it’s bound to be unstable.

Of course, since clearly there could never be the least bit of facetiousness or deliberate exaggeration in my remarks in response to that, as well. Man, you have a long memory. I barely know who you are.

“Maybe if you were a lot less flippant about dismissing people’s opinions as products of their character flaws they wouldn’t harbor such opinions of you as “thickheaded dickface” as one person in the chat put it.”

Maybe so, but it’s so much more fun this way, wouldn’t you agree? Also, I think you’re imagining something that was never there. He wasn’t expressing an opinion. The situation would be equivalent to someone making some kind of tasteless joke, and someone else flippantly going “aw, dude, you’re fucking sick” about it.

It’s also a lot more fun to, I dunno, (insert something horribly offensive, like a reference to the holocaust)

See, there you go. Now if someone were to go “Dude, that was just wrong,” or any of the other myriad comments that people commonly flippantly make in response to things like that, you’d have the exact same situation that we had here initially. And that comment would probably be far more offensive than “you suck,” but oddly enough, you wouldn’t be yelling about it.