Footballer Traded for Meat, Resigns

Clicky

So yeah. Apparently the guy didn’t like being traded for 33 pounds of meat. Or maybe he didn’t like being sent from second division to fourth division which would mean reduced competition and severely reduced pay (although second division in ROMANIA isn’t gonna pay much either). Gotta love the meat-trading club’s reaction though, “We are upset because we lost twice - firstly because we lost a good player and secondly because we lost our team’s food for a whole week.”

Somebody get Rodney Dangerfield.

Ouch.

If only that would happen here; quality humor only takes place in countries that don’t put too much stock in sports.

this is funny, I love it. and the coach’s quote doesn’t specify whether he means the meat was a good player, or the player was the week’s food ;p CANNIBALS!

there’s plenty of quality humor here, just not in sports :frowning:

see also: Darwin Awards.

I found the TO situation to be HIGHLARIOUS.

Hah.

TO?

Terrel Owens. American Football player. Played for the Philadelphia Eagles for a season and a third. He… He was like the poster boy for obnoxious, overpaid athletes, but boy was he fun to watch. I got plenty of laughs out of him, both on and off the field.

At one point, after one season and helping the Eagles get to the Super Bowl, he demanded a new contract saying he couldn’t feed his family with his multi-million dollar salary. He was paid about $225,000 a game.

I’m not sure if that’s better or worse than being traded for a monkey or some other animal.

If only they had taken full advantage of the upright walking meat they got, minus bones, surely outweighed 33 pounds of meat, no?:fungah:

Eh. That’s football for ya, really.

No KoL jokes? I’m dissapointed in you, RPGC. :frowning: