Fix Faulty PS2

http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/ps2repair/2.shtml

I did this and it fixed my DVD reading problems wonderfully. Thought you all might like it =)

YES! Let’s all go void our warranties and play around the inside of our PS2!!!

Originally posted by Xelopheris
YES! Let’s all go void our warranties and play around the inside of our PS2!!!

Never said it wouldnt void the warrenty =). Just said it fixed it for me perfectly.

Oh and in big red letters it says:

This process will VOID the warranty of your unit if it’s not expired.

On page 1 it did. HOWEVER, you, like an idiot, linked into page 2, past the obvious warning. It still has a warning, but it’s in standard black font.

On page 1 it did. HOWEVER, you, like an idiot, linked into page 2, past the obvious warning. It still has a warning, but it’s in standard black font.

Forgive me for thinking people would THINK you asshole.

You put too much faith in humanity.

And it’s not juse unsealing it. If you were to do this on a rug, and make a spark, you could fry the entire thing.

Xelo, im sure your warranty would have expiered by now anyway.

I think the author of the guide makes a good point somewhere in his thing when he says something along the lines of “if you have to do this, your warranty’s probably void anyway”.

[b]You put too much faith in humanity.

And it’s not juse unsealing it. If you were to do this on a rug, and make a spark, you could fry the entire thing. [/b]

Not my fualt if people are not intellegent enough to do it. Im simply presenting the option for those who wish to try.

Bottom line - it works

[b]You put too much faith in humanity.

And it’s not juse unsealing it. If you were to do this on a rug, and make a spark, you could fry the entire thing. [/b]

Not the humanity thing again. Christ that gets old here. Also, as Sin said, if you have to do this, your warranty is probably expired.

It’s unlikely that anyone would try it if they still HAVE the warranty.

I actually know about 2/3 of this stuff. Whenever my games got Disc Read Errors, I would open the PS2, clean the laser, blow out the dust, then put it back together. However, I never played with the voltage, mostly because I’m a real panicy guy when it comes to electronics, and I’d probably wreck an entire $300 system in an instant.