First Schwarzenegger, now this

Edit: Damn, the link is broken.

Springer is talking about running for governor of Ohio in 2006. Anyone hear about this?

Dude, that would kick ASS.
I am <b>so</b> voting for him.
(He’s already been mayor of cincinatti >.>)

Thank God I don’t live there… Better safe than sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, at least he has SOME political experience. And he wouldn’t have to hire bodyguards, he could just use the security from the show!

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Thank God I don’t live there… Better safe than sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pff, just because he hosted a talk show that catered to what half the hicks in the country like doesn’t mean he’s unfit to be a politician. Hell, I bet he’s BETTER qualified.

If CA didn’t take the heat off of FL completely, then OH sure will

Jerry Springer is actually a very intellegent politcally active person. He has a bachelors Degree in Political science, was one of Robert F. Kennedy’s presidential campaign aides, and was the mayor of Cincinnati. I heard one of his speaches at the Democratic national convention and the man knows his shit.

I don’t get it. Just because someone is well known means they suck? Jesus- when I was banned I so wanted to point out how SILLY you were all being about Schwartzenneger, and intelligent and driven man.

However… Jerry Springer, while having political experience, has already proven to be sleazy and untrustworthy. Voting for him would be the stupidest thing you’d ever do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really know if Schwarzenegger is smart or dumb, but he as governor, and probably the whole notion of the recall, are both Karl Rove’s ideas, so he is beholden to Rove and the Bush clique because of that, no matter what his personal qualities may be. The other reasons not to vote for him were that there isn’t much he can do in California that Davis didn’t already do, and also that he didn’t have much of a platform except “I’m not going to raise taxes.” He refused to even discuss political issues until the very end and wouldn’t participate in a debate where the questions weren’t known in advance. And I wouldn’t say Schwarzenegger is any less “sleazy,” what with his groping antics.

Oooooh, a bachelor’s degree of Poli Sci! That’s sooooo impressive![/sarcasm]
Hosting a show that caters to sleazeballs shouts something that makes me glad I don’t have to worry about him.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
I don’t really know if Schwarzenegger is smart or dumb, but he as governor, and probably the whole notion of the recall, are both Karl Rove’s ideas, so he is beholden to Rove and the Bush clique because of that, no matter what his personal qualities may be. The other reasons not to vote for him were that there isn’t much he can do in California that Davis didn’t already do, and also that he didn’t have much of a platform except “I’m not going to raise taxes.” He refused to even discuss political issues until the very end and wouldn’t participate in a debate where the questions weren’t known in advance. And I wouldn’t say Schwarzenegger is any less “sleazy,” what with his groping antics.

At least you have a reason. What I was saying is that most of the people were like “Oh- he’s dumb. He was an actor… he sounds funny…” et cetera. I wasn’t saying I cared for his governorship.

Originally posted by demigod
Oooooh, a bachelor’s degree of Poli Sci! That’s sooooo impressive![/sarcasm]
Hosting a show that caters to sleazeballs shouts something that makes me glad I don’t have to worry about him.

He’s proud his show gets voted by TV Guide as the single worst show on TV for years.
He’ll probably get voted in. He’ll probably reach presidency before Schwartzenegger.

All Im saying is give the guy a chance before bashing him into the ground. He may actually Gasp do a good job :eek:

Originally posted by Jakanden
All Im saying is give the guy a chance before bashing him into the ground. He may actually Gasp do a good job :eek:

My thoughts exactly.

I sure the hell hope he doesn’t win if he runs. He’s on my list of people who I’d like to strap to a rocket and send it towards the sun. Other’s include Osama bin Laden, Saddam, and Clinton.

He is a very smart person. I think he would make a great govenor because he wouldnt be scared to do something unpopular.

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
If CA didn’t take the heat off of FL completely, then OH sure will

I live in Florida. We just have issues with math. California is just full of stupid, pretty people.

<-- is neither stupid nor pretty.

Springer would be president before Arnie, because we’d have to ammend the constitution to make Arnold eligible, as he was born in Austria.

I don’t really see how one could put Clinton after Hussein and Osama. It’s like following AIDS and Syphillis with a common cold.

A least Jerry Springer is used to dealing with people who are just like polititions

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
I live in Florida. We just have issues with math. California is just full of stupid, pretty people.
Actually, we have a problem with people not being able to follow a line of arrows until a few days of not seeing our own ballot.

Originally posted by vyse the legend
A least Jerry Springer is used to dealing with people who are just like polititions
:hahaha; :hahaha; :hahaha; :hahaha; :hahaha;