First child molesting, now this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/parents/story/0,3605,960131,00.html

I am so glad I’m not an Iraqi prisoner right now.

Those guys are sick, demented and devilishly sadistic!

Wow, they’re putting that song to good use.

That stuff is EVIL!

Who knew that that song could go such a long way…

Strange, but quite plausible.

This is more effective than opium to open someone’s mind. The difference is that opium lasts shorter and its effects don’t need the help of a psychiatrist to get cancelled.

Barney forces the mind to regress to an infantile stance. This is easily resisted, but the way the military guys are using it, the prisoners get into a hypnotic state, so that interrogating them is like interrogating small children.

This is most certainly a crime against humanity. In fact, Barney’s entire existance is a crime against humanity. They must ALL die! DIE, BARNEY! DIE!!!

Not even Satan is so creul…

Very strange, but very creative as well.

Originally posted by d Galloway
This is most certainly a crime against humanity. In fact, Barney’s entire existance is a crime against humanity. They must ALL die! DIE, BARNEY! DIE!!!

swings the Lightcaster
VAE VICTIS!!!

How bizarre…

But will such torture actually prove effective? It is true that the syrupy melody is annoying, but since the Iraqi soldiers probably cannot speak much English, the full effect of the song may not torment them as much as their torturers hope.

Playing loud music over and over again has been used before as a military tactic, it worked when we invaded Panama, in that case it actually forced barracked soldiers to surrender. It’s not the fact that the song is particularly grating that will break the prisoners, it’s having to listen to it over and over again for perhaps days without being allowed to do anything else.

Its kinda comparable to sensory deprivation imho.

Well, there’s sensory deprivation and sensory overload. They work in more or less the same way.

I’ve also heard that they’re softening up the prisoners by playing Metallica and various other flavors of metal continuously. I like the idea. Although, if they’re so traumatized by Metallica, imagine what Napalm Death or Disturbed would do to them.

What’s funny is that most metal fans in this country already do this for fun.

While I do hate most songs from toddler shows, it sounds like a big joke.

Originally posted by Kraken
Although, if they’re so traumatized by Metallica, imagine what Napalm Death or Disturbed would do to them.

Well Disturbed wouldn’t do much, but Napalm Death… yeah that would be sweet. Or maybe some Anaal Nathrakh, or Darkthrone.

The thing is, I don’t think it’s gonna be the music itself that makes them snap. I think it’s more like three days after it starts, and the military will just cut it off midway through. That’ll have a more profound effect on the victim.

Wasn’t it cruel enough to lock them up in small cages?

In all seriousness, I truely think this will work. The song is VERY annoying, it will be repeated over and over again, and… I guess I only had two reasons.