Firewoiks

It’s 4th of July and without fail my family and I went out to go see a fireworks show.

This year turned out to be a really great show and we got a good viewing point. We were parked so close that some of the louder fireworks set off car alarms since the shockwaves kept rocking the cars. It’s a cool feeling.

Anybody else see fireworks or how do you celebrate Independence Day?

Yup, saw fireworks.

:enguard: : Cecil says: So, that’s what the 4’th of July is. Blinding and Deafening people. Fascinating!

My whole family comes over and everyone brings a plethora of fireworks. It never fails that my three uncles get incredibly drunk and launch bottle rockets in their hands. This year we didn’t have very much fireworks, so my uncles made bombs out of plastic bottles, Aluminum foil, and Drain cleaner.:slight_smile:

We’re seeing fireworks tommorrow, at a ball game. It’s just a delayed thing.

Originally posted by Vic_Viper
My whole family comes over and everyone brings a plethora of fireworks. It never fails that my three uncles get incredibly drunk and launch bottle rockets in their hands. This year we didn’t have very much fireworks, so my uncles made bombs out of plastic bottles, Aluminum foil, and Drain cleaner.:slight_smile:

Aluminum foil makes for some really loud fireworks. I saw a thing on TLC on it, interesting stuff.

On Canada Day, I didn’t go, but there was a big complaint because the city didn’t have the money to pay for a fireworks show. It went for five minutes and now everyone is bitching again.

Aluminum foil makes for some really loud fireworks. I saw a thing on TLC on it, interesting stuff.

It was very loud, and the explosion took out a plant in my grandma’s garden. The fourth of July always offers some great times for my family (because we all like explosions and putting exploding things into other non-explosive things and watching them blow up).

Texas>fireworks>heat>outlawed>fine>500 dollars.

So yeah… can’t see any fireworks here…

Fireworks outlawed because of heat… never heard that before but I guess it’s right since they must be pretty volatile.

I didn’t go out with my family to watch the fireworks, mainly since my parents aren’t even in town. My sister went out with my friends, and I stayed home. I could here the fireworks, though. And so could my dog; they were scaring her half to death, and I had to go down and comfort her a lot tonight.

I was…but it rained. Luckly I was still at home confortable on my arse on the computer when everyone was drowning in percipitation and gunpowder. BASTARDS! HA HAAAA!!!

Although me and Whitey did blow some sh*t up yesterday. Remember those Burger King pokeballs they sold like four years ago? We strapped a “Low flying aircraft missle” to that shit and watched that bitch FLYYYYY!!! and go boom. Before hand we lit a smoke grenade and trapped it in the pokeball, that way when we released it, it looked like a pokemon was taking a hit of pot or something. Good times indeed

Tornado.
I did wake up to a long smoke bomb sitting right next to my head though.
The law in Ohio is if you buy them in state, you have to take them out of state and use them. If you buy them out of state, you’re allowed to bring them in state and use them. Stupid, huh?

Yesterday, I went to visit my Uncle who lives in Pennsylvania, and thus can but fireworks not up for sale here in NY. When you spend hundreds of dollars a year on fireworks, you expect a good show!

The grand finale scared the hell out of me, though. It was the 4000 Special, comprised of 4,000 individual firecrackers all going off in a span of like two minutes. It was great, but at one point, it kinda fell off the stump he had put it on, and it looked like a giant wall of fire was starting to approach me. Now I have an idea of what it’s like to run into a burning building. O_O

The viewing spot was a lot better and safer than where we sat at for the past two years. (Past 2 years: next to parking alley; this year: in front of Burger King)
I miss watching them in Colorado, though; we’d go to the mountains and watch them in our hotel parking lot. The display was spectacular!

yup, I saw some, they were good.
finale rocked.
Reminded me (at times) of the bits where the ships in starwars jumped to hyperspace…
good stuff all around.

Yeah, I was going to go to the Canada day fireworks at a nearby stadium but they were cancelled. Stupid Vancouver.

Fireworks would be rather pointless here even if we <i>did</i> celebrate July 4th, since it doesn’t get very dark this time of year.

I don’t.

Fireworks are restricted in Norway: It can only be used on New Years Eve. It’s illegal to import without authorisation. And it’s banned in a lot of areas, mostly in old cities where a lot of the buildings are wooden and likely to catch fire.
Besides. I’m scared of fireworks: Too much bloody noise.

My family and I attended a soiree down in Bellingham, Washington (about an hour and a quarter’s drive south from Vancouver, across the border) held by my cousin and her husband. The food was great (my cousin also loves to cook) and we watched fireworks which were set off over the bay in Bellingham.

Because the both of them, as well as my family and virtually all of the remainder of the guests are very left-wing in our political leanings, my cousin’s husband pinned up various newspaper clippings around his house, which mostly served to condemn the current state of the nation and the policies of President Bush. There were no flags or other patriotic paraphenalia, except for in one place, where my cousin-in-law had placed a copy of the Constitution. In essence, we celebrated the political ideas which created America, not the current America.

Even though I am Canadian, I was happy to attend this soiree.

Bellingham? Did you pass through a town called Blaine on the way down?