Finding Nemo (spoilerific?)

I was excited about this movie ever since I saw the sneak preview for it on my Monsters, Inc. DVD a long time ago. I managed to talk my mom into seeing the movie with me this afternoon.

As usual, there was a Pixar short before the movie began. This one was about a bunch of knickknacks sitting on a shelf. I don’t want to tell you everything about it, but visually it’s hilarious.

I’m not sure why this is so for me, but I’ve found the Disney-Pixar movies to be some of the best movies I’ve seen - they’re amazing to see, and the plots are both sweet (without giving mental and emotional cavities) and smart with memorable characters. Finding Nemo continued this tradition to me. The beginning is very Bambi-esque - use your imagination, it’s not hard to guess, but it provides some necessary setup. I liked the character development for Marlin (the father clownfish) throughout the movie; it progressed without feeling contrived. Dory, the ditzy blue fish that goes with Marlin to find Nemo, also grows a bit too, and she provides great relief.

I enjoyed the storyline with Nemo post-separation - it provided some good development for Nemo along with the opportunity for more characters and some of the funniest scenes. The scene where the dentist’s crazy niece was in the office and the pelican flies in the window, creating chaos and prompting screams and crashes that can be somewhat witnessed by the people in the waiting room, is priceless.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my unsurprising love for another Pixar movie. Go see it!

My mom and sis went to see it yesterday - my mom said it was really cute. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing it, but I know for sure Sin won’t go with me… So I’ll prob’ly wait for the dvd.

So do they find him?

Saw it yesterday. Very cute.

At the end, I was laughing and crying at the same time. o.o

Originally posted by Cloth Hat
So do they find him?

What do you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, they turned Nemo into a fish cabob. His father then comits a grusome suicide.

j/k