Finally got Onimusha 1 and 2

Yes, I’m that lazy. Actually, Weiila recommended 1 to me. When I checked it out, it was about six bucks used, and the other one was about seventeen bucks used, so I got them both. And for once, they were used games that worked fine.

So far, I like what I’m seeing. However, there’s something that I have to whine about: the controls. Namely, some bastards at Capcom forgot something called the “analog stick” existed, and decided to make the game d-pad only. Now, this wouldn’t be a problem if the PS2 D-PAD DIDN’T SUCK LIKE NOTHING ELSE!

They kept the first-person controls that were first used in the RE2 remakes (at least, I think that’s when they were first used). However, what made those work was the fact that they didn’t need the PS1 d-pad. The PS1 remake used the Dual Shock, the N64 version had the analog stick, and the PC arrow keys are close enough to use comfortably. However, the PS2’s d-pad lacks something called “diagnols”. The reason I liked this style of controls in the RE games was because it allowed me to run and turn with no effort. Now I pretty much have to stop in order to turn, which is hell in a big fight.

Besides that, the games are fine; old, but fine. Now excuse me while I hunt down the bastards that did this and drive rusted metal through their eyes. Anyone wanna come with?