Final Fantasy XI

I haven’t encountered any real lag yet, though when you first log on it does take 10 seconds or so for the characters to load up. But you can play just fine during this time.

I think i’ll just buy the pc version. it would save me money instead of buying the game and ps online.

I witnessed the game first time hand-on and I must admit, it is really cool. My opinion about MMORPGs still stands though.

LockeJV
Titan Server
Hume Thief
Lv 14, soon to be 15!! Sneak attack here I come!
Linkshell: EternalDarkness

Take on game: I’ve finished 50+ rpgs, this is by far the most addicting / fun / exciting. Note: it’s my first mmorpg, so the novelty ~may~ wear off. (Hopefully it will, not good for social life, etc.)

I believe it was SG who slashed my hopes that it would be like Baldur’s Gate (PC). I like it much better. It’s just as traditional as Baldur’s Gate, but battles are way more intense, it’s 3d, the graphics are insane, and it just blows the hell out of any other RPG experience I’ve had.

You got a Warrior, a Monk, a Thief (me!), pummelling a Veteran Quadav while the Black and White Mages cast their spells from the distance, fast paced, an outstanding hate system (hate = who the enemy attacks, like if your mage, who can only take a few hits, casts a really powerful spell, the monster will ignore the fighters and try to take out the mage which adds an entire new element), and during the battle you’re praying another Quadav doesn’t get aggrod and join his comrad because it’s death for everyone if he does…

Sorry for the run-on, but the game is that damn good. It’s so traditional, and yet so innovative at the same time. The suspense involved is very high, because if you die, you loose a few hours worth of experience. You want to protect your comrades, because if you screw up and don’t perform your responsibilities you might work yourself out of the party or even worse, linkshell.

Summary: the game completely surpassed my expectations. It’s incredible, and worth every penny. I never imagined a game could be so good. My only complaint is it’s too much fun, and too damn addicting!!

I’m glad somebody other than me is getting into it.

Well, my FFXI CD is screwed up or something. Disk 1 loads really slowly and it refuses to install. I want to make my TaruTaru Red Mage, but my CD won’t let me install the game. Any pointers?

You file a complaint, and get it replaced as a faulty product.

Thank you Nulani, I did just that, and they referred me to a PlayOnline ftp server, from which I could download disk 1. So that’s what I am doing right now. :cool:

Dammit, i dont have any MONEY!!! I want to play SO BAD!!!

“BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME!BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME! BREAK TIME!”
*repeatedly beats head against desk…

Server: Phoenix
Name: Funnyginman
Nationality: San d’Oria
Race: Hume
Job: Currently Monk

Wow, for as many replies there are to this thread, only TWO others accually relate to the topic. I’m not sure whats more sad, the fact that no one can keep on topic, or that no one’s friggin’ buying the game because they are too whinny about stupid stuff…