Final Fantasy: Solid 2

Not having heard that, I can only assume he thinks Vamp isn’t straight because of the way he jacked him up against the wall that one time; you could see the romance in their eyes. “What are you wait for? SHOOT HIM!” is Snake talk for “Take me, you big, romanian hunk of romance”.

Oh boy, things are just getting weirder and weirder… laughs

oh please, like you never asked yourself just why they call him “Solid Snake”? The implications are obvious…

Naturally, Butz called at completely the wrong moment.

(begin codec conversasion)
Butz: Cloud, Squall, I’m alright, and so are all the hostages.
Cloud: That’s good to hear.
Squall: Butz, can you check in on something for me?
Butz: Sure. What is it?
Squall: Steiner’s last transmission was…strange…
Butz: Strange? How?
Squall: I don’t know. It was just…bizarre…
Butz: Where is Steiner, anyway?
Squall: I don’t know. I never actually met the guy.
Butz: I’ll check all the logs from your codec conversasions. Maybe I can find something.
Cloud: Come on, kid. Let’s go.
(end codec conversasion)

Just then, an alarm went off. Hundreds of guards began to dash into the room. Cloud shot at those that were coming down from the roof, while Squall sliced the ones that made their way on the ground. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of slugging it out, the combat finally ended. Tired and bloodied, they entered the next room; a round, Star Trek-esque place with a glass floor. Just then, Butz called back.

(begin codec conversasion)
Butz: Squall, I found where the transmission was coming from.
Squall: Where?
Butz: Inside Arsenal.
Squall: What?
Butz: I know, but it all traces back to Arsenal. And it’s not a relay point; it’s the origin of the signal.
Squall: What the hell are you saying?
Butz: You’ve been talking to an AI, Squall. Ever since this whole thing began.
Squall:…
Butz: The bizarre communications are because the Arsenal AI is breaking down. The virus is finally destroying it.
Steiner: Squall, they have Rinoa!
Rinoa: Squall!
Squall: Rinoa!
Cloud: Listen, kid! Steiner isn’t real, so he couldn’t have grabbed Rinoa!
Squall: What is she isn’t real, either?
Cloud: What?
Squall: What if I never really met her?
Cloud: Shut up, kid! I know that you’re real, I’m real, and she’s probably real. Just keep your head straight and let’s finish this.
(end codec conversasion)

Suddenly, a bunch of ninjas jumped down from the roof. Then guards came in. Once again, a hectic battle began. And after a while, it was once again silent.

Just as they were climbing the ladder leading to the next area, though, Quistis entered, armed with her big-ass rail gun.

“Finally,” she said, “we meet at last, Cloud. Kill me, like you killed my father!”

“Get the hell out of here, kid!” said Cloud. “I’ll hold her off!”

“Are you crazy,” said Squall. “She can’t even get hit!”

“I’ll think of something! Now go! Remember that you still have a job to do!”

Finally, Squall understood and climbed up the ladder.

“I don’t know who you are,” said Cloud, “but I didn’t kill your father.”

“LIAR!” shouted Quistis.

The sound of the battle reached Squall’s ears, but soon fell silent when he saw an even greater threat.

(to be continued)

What did he see? WHAT DID HE SEE? Tune in next week, same Gallo day, same Gallo thread!

This part was a little confusing though:

Butz: The bizarre communications are because the Arsenal AI is breaking down. The virus is finally destroying it.
Steiner: Squall, they have Rinoa!
Rinoa: Squall!
Squall: Rinoa!

Was the AI and Rinoa calling in there or what? A bit confusing…

Weiila: The AI butted in. Stupid evil AIs, they have no manners!

Ahh, I see. Really, no manners at all! Spank 'em! … you didn’t hear that.

Squall saw…nothing! And this was quite literal! The floor looked like something out of a VR simulation, there was no roof or walls, a black void as far as the eye can see, and when the trap door slammed shut behind him, it dissapeared into the floor, as if it had never existed.

Soon Sephiroth’s voice boomed into the room. He went off about some crap, mentioning only one important thing. Apparantly the Patriots were working on something called the C3 Program, an attempt to artificially create another Cloud. Squall, it seemed, was their lab rat in the whole experiment, and thus was sent to elminiate the terrorists in a perfectly Cloud-esque fashion.

Finally, the big bad guy showed himself. He still had on those damn tentacles, but he finally had a real gun; a M4, to be exact. “So, my son at last shows himself. Prepared to die?” He then vanished, just as Terra appeared.

“Are you all right?” she asked. “We have to stop this thing now, before the defense program goes active!” Just then, though, Sephiroth’s voice boomed again, out of nowhere.

“The traitor! You sold out your own comrades for the Patriots! All those people, your friends, died believing you!”

“Not just friends!” responded Terra. “Family!”

Of course, Sephiroth showed up again. “Now you’ll see what happens to traitors!” A tentacle shot out, grabbing Terra around the neck and forcing her to drop her gun. Sephiroth twirled the gun around in his fingers before aiming it straight at her forehead.

“My child,” was all Terra could mutter before Sephiroth pulled the trigger.

Suddenly, they dissapeared again, leaving Squall alone in the room. However, he wasn’t alone for long, because the defence system DID go active!

And in fact, it was the deadliest defence system of all. An entire army of Metal Gears approached Squall. He counted 25 of them in all. Arming the Stinger, he prepared for the battle of a lifetime.

Minerva: I’ll take the three hundred on the left, you take the twenty on the right!
sweatdrops There’s only twenty-five, Min…
Minerva: sweatdrop

Well, that was weird… but well-written :slight_smile:

Weiila: AAARRGH!! GET RID OF SOME OF THOSE DAMN STICKIES! THIS THING CAN’T HOLD MUCH LONGER!

Anyway, onto the big Metal Gear battle.

(boss: 20 Metal Gears)

Squall immediately rolled out of the way of about seven hundred missles and returned fire. The stinger missle hit a Metal Gear in the leg, sending it falling over. Quickly, Squall fired another missle at the exposed brain of the machine. It connected, knocking the giant robot back, but to his surprise, it stood back up and walked forward again.

A barrage of machine gun fire forced Squall to leave where he was currently standing. However, the Metal Gear he had just shot was now right in front of him. A laser emerged from the bottom of the robot and attempted to slice the hero in two, but he dodged at the last possible second and returned fire again.

Finally, the first Metal Gear collapsed and exploded. However, it still had plenty of backup. Squall dodged another barrage of missles and fired the Stinger again. However, the attack barely fazed the Metal Gear it was aimed at.

Realizing the pattern, Squall shot at a leg, then at a head, then dodged, then repeated until twenty of the Metal Gears had fallen. At that point, though, the worst possible thing happened.

He ran out of ammo.

(end boss battle)

Squall collapsed, the weight of failure weighing heavily on him. The Metal Gears closed in, while Sephiroth appeared, tauntingly. “Is that the best you have, Squall? Now die!”

However, the very moment those words left his lips, the Metal Gears began to shake violently and move randomly. Soon they were attacking each other, then Sephiroth. “What the hell’s happening, Irvine?”

“I don’t know,” rang out Irvine’s voice. “The entire Arsenal program is out of control! The damn virus must have broken through! We’ve lost control of the Metal Gears!”

In an act of pure rage, Sephiroth swung out his tentacles, ripping the head clean off one and another one completely in half. A third was blown apart through a precise burst of gunfire. The last two were destroyed when their “brains” were torn out by Sephiroth’s tentacles.

And then, to finish everything off, Sephiroth ran behind Squall and knocked him out with the butt of his gun. Just before he passed out, Squall could her Quistis say one thing:

“Sir, I’ve captured Cloud.”

(to be continued)

Two stickies down, happy?

And is this game over? OR?! Tune in next week!

Originally posted by Weiila
Two stickies down, happy?

Yes. I’m very happy!

You DO realize that I pretty much do anything you suggest lately, aren’t you Gallo?

Weiila: During the last chapter of the Naar Saga, I secretly implanted a Slave Chip into you. You must now obey my every command. looks at the controls as the chip deactivates Uh, you didn’t happen to have sat down recently? The damn thing doesn’t work well when moved around.

All: facefaults

I wowuldn’t have been too worried about that since most of the time we only communicate over the board, however… I think Magus heard something back there :eek: WATCH THAT REMOTE, WILL YOU?!

Do You Wish to Save?
SAVING…Saved.

Sephiroth’s voice was the first thing to greet Squall as he regained conciousness. “Thanks to you, Arsenal’s programming is completely wiped out, and with that, all of the information I was looking for.” He finally turned towards his hated enemy.

“I’ll squeeze the answers out of you instead, my son!” Suddenly, one of Sephiroth’s tentacles began to strangle Squall yet again! Fortunately, Quistis butted in this time. “Why are you bothering him? He doesn’t know anything.”

“It’s not him that I want the answers from,” said Sephiroth.

When the tentacle finally drew back, Squall got a good look at where he was. He was quite literally on top of Arsenal!

Sephiroth stood in front of him, his back turned. Quistis was farther back, her Rail Gun pointing at Cloud’s head. Cloud himself was handcuffed and cornered, and Squall soon saw that he was the same. Irvine was simply in the background.

“Are you telling me that you don’t want Arsenal?” asked Quistis.

“Leave us,” said Sephiroth, “I have some business to attend to.”

“Very well. I have some business of my own, as well.” As she was leaving, though, Sephiroth’s voice stopped her dead in her tracks. “Are you planning to hijack Arsenal? You were going to screw me over, weren’t you?”

“Who talked?” asked Quistis. “Irvine?”

“I was the one that made Irvine give you the idea in the first place,” said Sephiroth. “I was planning to give you Arsenal to begin with.”

Quistis looked distrustfully. “Why the uncharacteristic generosity?”

“Come now!” said Sephiroth. “Arsenal Gear is far from impenetrable. It needs other Metal Gears as guards, as well as complete land and air defence. Without the Gears, and against an attack from land, air, and sea, Arsenal Gear is nothing more than a gigantic coffin. It was never the real objective to begin with.”

“Then what the hell was?!” screamed Quistis, very pissed at what was going on.

“A list of names,” said Sephiroth, while striking a heroic-looking pose, “of the Patriots!”

(to be continued)

That just CAN’T be good ^^;; (the situation, not the story!)

“Arsenal’s computer,” continued Sephiroth, “contained instructions to deleting any mention of the Patriots, along with everything else they wanted destroyed. Therefore, their names would have had to be placed inside the computer somewhere.”

“So you were going to eliminate them, one-by-one,” said Quistis, “while we and our useless Arsenal drew their fire. You were using us from the beginning.”

“Were you any different?”

“Anyway,” continued Quistis, “the nuke should be ready by now.”

“A nuke isn’t going to stop them, Quistis,” said Sephiroth.

“It will damage their power source: the mindless masses they control.”

“Very well. I won’t stop you. Good luck.”

“Thanks, but I have quite enough of that.”

Suddenly, Irvine’s laughter broke through the tension. “What do you find so funny?” asked Quistis.

“Charades usually are humerous,” said Irvine. “Did you really think that the Patriots were going to give you a nuke?”

“Irvine, what the hell’s going on here?” shouted Sephiroth.

“Do you think,” said Irvine, "that this little terrorist operation was your own work, Sephiroth? No, it was a brilliant simulation, set up by the Patriots to artificially create and train another Cloud. This was a complete simulation of the Frozen Continent. Squall stood in for Cloud, with Arsenal’s AI standing in for Steiner. Sephiroth, you were chosen because your relationship with the boy is similar to the one between Cloud and Big Boss. Quistis, your group stood in for the MOG-CHOCO squad. You folks are the biggest collection of freaks outside of MOG-CHOCO.

“We used Tseng’s own nanomachines to shut down his pacemaker. As for the President, even though he realized what was going on, he played out his part perfectly. Palmer was a different story. He was one of our own agents, sent in to test the boy before entering the exercise proper. Quistis, I made sure you had nothing but revenge on your mind. That’s why I sunk that tanker. Throwing your husband into the brig was part of the plan, too. You thought Cloud was your enemy, and you opted for vengence, just like we planned.”

“This…this was all faked?” asked Quistis, obviously shaken.

“Everything, that is, except for the appearance of the real Cloud.”

“All our suffering,” continued Quistis as she raised the Rail Gun, “was just a part of your project?”

Irvine flipped out his pistol and fired. However, the real shocked was what happened next. The bullet went straight through Quistis’s left breast.

She looked at the wound in complete surprise, then slumped to the ground. “How- how could?”

“You’re no lady luck,” said Irvine. “You have nothing that we didn’t give you.”

(to be continued)