Final Fantasy II (Origins Edition)

I refuse to read Lovecraft, I can’t handle horror. >_>

Which is why it’s ironic that I have the Necronomicon lying on my bed right now.

No, really, I do. It’ll be a Christmas present.

Lovecraft actually has some humorous stories, such as “Herbert West—Reanimator.” But his writing style is a bit archaic, even for his time. He loved using words that weren’t in wide use. Also, his dialogue is absolutely horrible. His ideas were genius, though!

And most of his horror stories probably don’t cause horror or anything close to it. That Library of America tome is nice though -with some crud included and all.

On a side-note, it’s funny how Cthulhu has turned into some kind of unspeakable horror in the common eye when in his only appearance in his stories he’s successfully repealed by a steamboat.

Ah the steamboat. The Vic Viper of its time.

I can’t handle horror either even though my friends a big horror nut.
I don’t get it… Whats amusing about watching rampant violence? Now I’m not against Lovecraft or anything, but films like Saw and Hostile? Were’s the enjoyment in watching someones misery?

I’ll stick with Fantasy I’d rather see villians bent on world domination then watch villians who just wanna poke people with knives…

Saw actually has a point, though the subsequent sequels seem to lose it. Hostel is nothing but gorn. It’s one of the few movies I’ve watched that I feel has absolutely no point besides gratuitous sex and violence. The acting is also pretty damned awful.

Yes I’ve heard Saw is genuis by many people but I still can’t stand watching it.
I like monster movies, I can’t stand watching sicko’s in movies it makes me wanna kill people (bad people).