Final Fantasy I & II Re-Re-Re-Release

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1565469,00.asp

In a move that surprises probably no one, Square-Enix is porting FF1-2 to a new platform, the GBA, and this one will have new features in each game. FF1 gets a new dungeon with boss monsters from other FFs, and FF2 has an expanded story exploring the backgrounds of the 4 main characters. No NA release has been announced yet, but I don’t think there’s a great chance of us NOT getting it.

The good news is, this may be a precursor to a FF3j port to the GBA, which I’m sure a lot of us would like to see.

Sweet! <!-- yipee 10 chars -->

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=16480

If this gets ported to the US I will be so fucking happy.

Shouldn’t that be Re-Re-Re-Re-release, spoon?

Release - Originals
Re-Release - FF1&2 Cartridge
Re-Re-Release - Wonderswan
Re-Re-Re-Release - PSX
Re-Re-Re-Re-Release - this.

Actually, its re-re-re-re-re-release, somewhere on the way, it got re’d on a cellphone. Not the n-gage, a traditional cell phone

…whatever, I lost count ^^

I imagine it WILL be brought to NA. When was the last time a FF game was kept from coming here that was on a popular system (since the WSC ones don’t count)? FF5.

What about FF3j?

And on a similar note, I reeeaallly Nintendo would get off their asses and give us Mother 1+2 already. ><

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=16480

Already posted.

We can’t get a “new” Dragon Quest game, but we sure as hell can get some Final Fantasy over here.

I probably won’t buy the FF1+2 game (since I have Origins already, I’m just not feeling owning multiple versions of the same game), but 3 is a different story. I’d try that.

Actually, it would be a Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Release. Y’all forgot it was released on MSX. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, it would be a Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Release. Y’all forgot it was released on MSX. :stuck_out_tongue: Even though that technically might not count as a re-release, I suppose…I dunno how long afterwards it came out from the original Famicom version.

That too has already been posted. points to his first reply to thread
:hahaha;

Yes yes, it slipped my mind that FF posts go on the Compendium, I forgot to check there and only looked at the Main Forum, saw it wasn’t there yet, so I posted. But since Sin has already looked at this thread and not locked it, I guess it’s all ok?
:wave:

Back on the topic of it, the whole “Soul of Chaos” or whatever it is may sound neat, but is it really necessary? It just seems to me like a big ‘look! We’re adding an extra dungeon! And Crossovers! Buy it!’ type of deal. The FF2j bonus stuff seems alright, since it’s only fleshing out the story a bit more, but…

At any rate, I just hope they don’t mess with the FF1 town names again. Make up yer minds!

The whole “re” business reminds me of how, at the beginning of Rob Zombie’s “Reload”, the vocal goes something like “RerererererererereLOAD!”

Something I forgot to mention before: If they put “I, Garland, will knock you all down” back in this, I’m returning FFO and buying this instead.

YES.

Damn how many times are they going to release these? I already have the ROMs of 1,2, and 3 and have oragins so I probably wont get these. A FFj3 however might be good. Although I have that on a ROM.