Final Fantasy Games will send you to HELL!

Originally posted by Pierson
Plus, Harry Potter will send millions to hell. People spending all life with their heads in the sand have proved it. -__-’

I have never known a Pagan to act like that. Excepting Pagan poseurs (what I used to be, sadly).

Sheesh, hasn’t this guy heard of Modernity?

It would be to more sinful not to help a charity or give to the community in some way than play “sinful” video games.

Freaking zealots. Intolerant jerks think they can prove everyone wrong by quoting the Bible. [sarcasm]If the Bible says so, it must be 100% literally correct.[/sarcasm] For all the great stuff they said about Jesus, they missed the part about loving everyone.

I especially like how they say Catholics condemn (or want to condemn) everyone who isn’t Catholic, while at the bottom of the page is the little letter to convert to whatever intolerant denomination that is so that you can be saved because theirs is the only right way.

At times like this I’m embarrassed to call myself a Christian.

If we didn’t sin and avoided EVERYTHING that may corrupt our mind we’d be sitting in a white walled room with absolutely nothing. Fuck you extremist people, even though they claim themselves to be holy, they should know we can’t be completely perfect…we’re not <i>God</i>.

-_-;;

Originally posted by Exo
The way I see it Christianity is one big religion drivin by money and false mumbo-jumbo.

That’s Confucianism. Christianity’s actually not all that bad, sort of like the way that if there’s a sixteen-tonne mound of steaming, fetid horse excrement outside of your door every day, you’ll eventually get used to it.

Now, I obviously have a bias, but in a way, is it not just as intolerant to condemn others for being intolerant? Wouldn’t a truly tolerant person embrace their views and accept them as possibly being valid (note, this is merely talking about opinion stuff, not stuff like 2 + 2 = 4)? Wouldn’t a tolerant person decide to not insult them and make fun of them maliciously because of their beliefs? Oh, but I guess it’s okay since they’re just stupid fundies.

Now, I know I have not followed the above statement as well as I should, but I have tried. I have tried to live my life with an open heart towards all individuals no matter what their race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual preference, etc may be. I believe they are wrong when the condemn video games for having magic when they themselves probably don’t completely follow Levitical Code. But I’m biased there for I believe it is not up to us to earn our way into Heaven since I feel that is an impossible feat. I’m pretty Calvinist in fact. However, I do accept their beliefs on the matter as possibly being valid.

What were the two paragraphs above about? I dunno. I probably ranted some. It may make no sense to others, but it makes sense to me. Basically, just accept others. Don’t malign them just because they happen to hold different beliefs than you. It makes you no better than the “evil” fundies.

Read my above posts and you’ll see why I can’t be against christianity, even if I’m not for it. What I only have a problem with is that small yet loud group of people that every religion has that says any deviation from their holy texts, even slightly, condemns the person to death/hell. At least the gaming site give balanced reviews, but the other one is just straight fundamentalism, and it’s that kind of thing I think is stupid, not all worshippers, most of which are completely sane and reasonable.

But you’re still condemning them for holding fundamentalist views. Isn’t that just as wrong as the fundies that condemn others for not holding their beliefs?

Originally posted by Megaman984
[b]Now, I obviously have a bias, but in a way, is it not just as intolerant to condemn others for being intolerant? Wouldn’t a truly tolerant person embrace their views and accept them as possibly being valid (note, this is merely talking about opinion stuff, not stuff like 2 + 2 = 4)? Wouldn’t a tolerant person decide to not insult them and make fun of them maliciously because of their beliefs? Oh, but I guess it’s okay since they’re just stupid fundies.

Now, I know I have not followed the above statement as well as I should, but I have tried. I have tried to live my life with an open heart towards all individuals no matter what their race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual preference, etc may be. I believe they are wrong when the condemn video games for having magic when they themselves probably don’t completely follow Levitical Code. But I’m biased there for I believe it is not up to us to earn our way into Heaven since I feel that is an impossible feat. I’m pretty Calvinist in fact. However, I do accept their beliefs on the matter as possibly being valid.

What were the two paragraphs above about? I dunno. I probably ranted some. It may make no sense to others, but it makes sense to me. Basically, just accept others. Don’t malign them just because they happen to hold different beliefs than you. It makes you no better than the “evil” fundies. [/b]

Your post just KO-ed every reply here. Touche.

But you’re still condemning them for holding fundamentalist views. Isn’t that just as wrong as the fundies that condemn others for not holding their beliefs?

I don’t think so. In my mind I think there’s a line where things cross over from being well-meaning and spiritual to just being plain ridiculous and/or oppressive and Jim Jones-esque (an extreme comparison, but still). The road to hell etc.

Plus, I don’t actually condemn them that harshly. I just don’t like them much.

Well I got one thing to say about religion. I have been going to church lately and I noticed something. That the people at the church follow God blindly. I dont think that is right. For one doest God say that he wants you to live a happy life. Well only really really true beleivers will live happy if they follow blindly to every command. I think that if you beleive in him and believe and what he did then that is all he wants. I definately would not be happy if i had my video game taken away, or anything else.

Don’t re direct the thread to an open religious debate any more so than it has been please :stuck_out_tongue:

[b]Now, I obviously have a bias, but in a way, is it not just as intolerant to condemn others for being intolerant? Wouldn’t a truly tolerant person embrace their views and accept them as possibly being valid (note, this is merely talking about opinion stuff, not stuff like 2 + 2 = 4)? Wouldn’t a tolerant person decide to not insult them and make fun of them maliciously because of their beliefs? Oh, but I guess it’s okay since they’re just stupid fundies.

What were the two paragraphs above about? I dunno. I probably ranted some. It may make no sense to others, but it makes sense to me. Basically, just accept others. Don’t malign them just because they happen to hold different beliefs than you. It makes you no better than the “evil” fundies. [/b]

The problem with your argument is that we’re not condemning them, we’re critisizing them. They are, however, condemning everyone who is not them. Maybe we are intolerant of intolerant people, but that is an entirely valid position. Besides, since the zealous attitude of intolerance is not specific to any religion, we are being incredibly open-minded in hating intolerant pissants of all religions and philosophies equally.

Given that the only intolerant views condemned (as in disapproved of, it’s a valid definition and has basically the same definition as criticize) in this thread have been Protestant, possibly some Roman Catholic, Christianity, I find it very hard to believe that you’re being open-minded in your intolerance (such a weird phrase :P). I guess I just speak from past experiences and past boards where any “I hate religion” (for lack of a better title) thread has actually been devoted completely towards hating Christianity. Never Judaism, never Islam, never Hinduism, never Zoroastrianism. Always Christianity.

I guess an underlying idea of that long post that you’re being hypocrites if you’re intolerant of intolerant people.

I had seen that site before and had written it off as a joke, thinking that no one could have their head that far up their posterior.

Is this site actually for real?

Extract from article
Later, my sister showed some real guts. I came into her room to see that all her CD’s were crushed, smashed, and in the trash. She had hundreds: Aerosmith, Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Brandy, Ricky Martin, and so many more. She told me, “This music doesn’t glorify God, so I’m getting rid of it!” I even saw her most favorite group (she loved them so much she made a site about them), both of the CD’s, in the trash. She even busted them infront of my face!

Religious people can’t listen to music normal people listen =p

I looked at the glossary. They say genies are demons. Bible doesn’t say so, proving that these religious people are biased against beliefs ofother religions, assuming that everything that exists in any mythology that ain’t christain has to do with demons.

Given that the only intolerant views condemned (as in disapproved of, it’s a valid definition and has basically the same definition as criticize) in this thread have been Protestant, possibly some Roman Catholic, Christianity, I find it very hard to believe that you’re being open-minded in your intolerance (such a weird phrase :P). I guess I just speak from past experiences and past boards where any “I hate religion” (for lack of a better title) thread has actually been devoted completely towards hating Christianity. Never Judaism, never Islam, never Hinduism, never Zoroastrianism. Always Christianity.

I guess an underlying idea of that long post that you’re being hypocrites if you’re intolerant of intolerant people.

I guess I was more refering to this site (below). If you up a level they have their little rants about just about every possible religion. The original site was just some nutsy people who take things too seriously.

Originally posted by Pierson
[Way to piss off the most militant religion in the world, dumbasses.

AND the Catholics!

AND the Hindi!

AND the Right-To-Lifers.[/b]

Edit: Some of the links aren’t right, but if you care enough you can find them easily.

chick can be sued for those. I think if enough people went against his stuff and sued him he’d be out of business.

Wait, sued for what, Ren? I’m seriously asking. And alot of people are against his business. I think he makes a living by Christian organizations by his tracts and distributing them. I may be wrong. But yeah, sued for what?

is it not just as intolerant to condemn others for being intolerant?

nope. it is not wrong to be intolerant of Intolerence in general, as long as what you are being intolerant of is wrong and has serious social consequences.

Wouldn’t a truly tolerant person embrace their views and accept them as possibly being valid (note, this is merely talking about opinion stuff, not stuff like 2 + 2 = 4)? Wouldn’t a tolerant person decide to not insult them and make fun of them maliciously because of their beliefs?

using your logic, there is no reason why Adolf Hitler was a bad man. are we to assume that “hey maybe he’s right about the Jews!” in the name of tolerance? no. there is a point where the rational person must be intolerant of Intolerance.