Final Fantasy Fanboys

What exactly is the deal with these people. some people said “dont consider me a fanboy thats a bad thing”. Fanboys generally were made fun of in the Conscrew webcomic.

They supposedly regard a lot of RPGs like SaGa frontier as “way too hard”.

Some of the newer Final Fantasy games were pretty easy, except for TActics and X. X had a lot of hard bosses. X and Tactics were a good challenge

Anyways, final fantasy rocks

And you’re making what point?

The pen is rrrrrrrrreeeeBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUEEEEEE!

:runaway:

I’m not making any point. I’m asking you guys what is the deal with Final Fantasy fanboys. And why is it considered negative to be a fanboy of anything

I’m not too sure, I haven’t seen many fanboys. In fact I really don’t know any, or at least none worth remembering.

The only thing I think that would be wrong with FF fanboys is when they blow off other RPGs outside of the Squaresoft ones and bias them for “ripping off Squaresoft”. They don’t know what they’re missing.

And FF Tactics wasn’t really all that hard at all if you used Auto Potion. 8)

Is a fanboy one who is simply a fan of…whatever he is a fanboy of? Or is it more then that? FF is one of my favorite game series, but I’m not one of those who master everything several times over, find everything, write fanfics, cos play. I just play it, play through it, and wait 3 years till the next one comes out.

The word fanboy carries a conotation that implies obsession over the object of fandom. Fanboys tend to be rather fanatical. And stupid. Other people are just fans.

The only thing I think that would be wrong with FF fanboys is when they blow off other RPGs outside of the Squaresoft ones and bias them for “ripping off Squaresoft”. They don’t know what they’re missing.

Dalton hit the nail there,the deal with fanboys is that there so obssed with the game that they don’t give others a chance when they’re obiously better things out there.

Thank you

Although the other things are not ALWAYS better. But yeah fanboys do just blow off a lot of good stuff, because they are too obessed with their own little thing.

Luckily I know no such people, I don’t know what I would do if I did.

FF7 isn’t the ‘best game ever’.

That’s all.

Well, I Claim to be a Fanboy of Sony, Nintendo, Mircosoft, Square-Enix (Seprate and Together), Namco, Ubisoft, Codemasters, Activistion, Totslly Games(X-wing), Blizzard(Star Craft & Warcraft), Mad Dog(Crash Bandicoot) … and Lucasarts(Star Wars Games).

Big Nutter
I know I’ve missed a few.

I am a fanboy, but I do play anygame anytime…I just prefer Final Fantasy to all the others. Granted I do not claim anyone ever rips Square off cause it is a limited market with limited Ideas…so logically, they are gonna have alot in common. But if there is another game I want that comes out at the same time as a FF, I buy the FF and wait 2 weeks to buy the other.

You know, the term “fanboy” in my opinion imply the person is immature, childish, or male. For “boy” and “man” are two different things. Also, it is also a bit of a sexist term.

However, I have heard the term “fangirl” and am not too familiar with it.

I have heard “fanboy” be used for things other than final fantasy, but would not understand the term in that case.

A “fangirl” is just like a “fanboy”, except, ya know, female. Mind-boggling, eh?