Final Fantasy 7 Enemy Skills

I wasn’t sure if I should of posted this in the Video Games forum, but whatever, this will have to do.

I was wondering if there’s any easy way of learning “Pandora’s Box” in FF7. It’s the last enemy skill I need, and I’ve done everything in the game that’s worth doing, like beating the weapons and stuff. I know you learn them from Zombie Dragons in the bone area in the crater, but whenever I run into them, they never cast it. And also, is there any way to replenish mp on undead enemies? I tried using ethers, but I realized that I was getting rid of it’s mp…

It’s a long shot and I can’t say I tried, but Undead usually have the contrary effects to stuff like this. Try to use some MP stealing trick, chances are you’ll end up giving it your own MP.

Pandora’s Box is by far the hardest Enemy Skill to learn. Zombie Dragons only cast it when they die, and rarely then. On top of that, they have a low encounter rate.

My advice is to just keep fighting and killing them. You WILL get it eventually, and it may take a very long time, but if you’re serious about getting Pandora’s Box, which also happens to be the most powerful enemy skill in the game, you’re gonna have to.

I believe you can also learn it from Jenova ABSOLUTE, but by that point it’s not much good to you, is it? 8p On the same note, I think those zombies cast it more often when you’re heading down to meet Jenova ABSOLUTE than when you meet them in a normal battle.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that in the past. But, like you mentioned previously, that’s not much use to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s Jenova Synthesis. “Jenova Absolute” was the name of the typical Jenova battle theme.

Ah, my bad. Actually, the Jevona theme is called J-E-N-O-V-A. “Jenova Absolute” is the name of the theme that plays during the fight with Jenova SYNTHESIS.

If you use and instant death move on an undead, such as the “flash” ability from a slash-all materia, you will get results similar to using an elixir on anything else.

I always thought J-E-N-O-V-A was the slow, creepy piano song that plays in the background when you see Jenova in the Shinra Building.

No, that’s “Trail of Blood”.

No it isn’t. Trail of blood is the slow, creepy strings and drum song that plays as you ascend the building to find the president.

Edit: It’s “Who are You.”

Kind of hard to describe music using text, isn’t it? :sunglasses:

I like the Black MAges ver of J-E-N-O-V-A…

BN

Yeah I’ve heard that one. J-E-N-O-V-A is a killer song.

oh, and an update on the current sitatuion… I still haven’t tried getting it yet, but I’ll probably do it tonight.

It probably goes without saying, but you should use Big Guard on your team and have maximum HP prior to defeating the Dragon Zombie so as to make sure you learn the attack without it finishing you off. Good luck!

oh, well I have no problems with that, my party is like level 85+.

Ok, are you guys sure it uses it only when it dies? Because I killed quite a few of them, and not one of them used it. Is it one of those things that happens like once every hundred fights or something?!

Yes, but there’s a problem. He only uses it once in the entire game, which would be the first time you kill him. I’m sorry I didn’t realize this earlier, as I would have told you.

Also, some people have claimed that there is a certain unknown something that will cause him to use it again, but I don’t know what that something is.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

ONLY ONCE??? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that’s fucking lame. I think he used it the first time I ran into one, but it didn’t have any mp so it couldn’t use it. FUCK! now I can’t have a perfect enemy skill. man, thanks for nothing, SQUARE! (I’m not calling you a square, I’m talking about the company…heh)