Final Fantasy 4 DS review.

Originally Posted by Valkyrie Esker
I would jsut like to say that I’m gonna play through this game a third time, just so I can put the +50% MP augment on Tellah, giving him more than 90 MP, and thus, enough to cast meteo in a regular battle. Just because I feel like it.

If you’re going to fight the bonus bosses make sure to do it before the end of your third game because you won’t get a fourth chance (they limited the number of times you can play through the game using New Game +es to prevent Augment abuse).

Originally Posted by Skankin’ Garbage
I could argue that, but it’s kind of off-topic. My point to begin with is that gamers really fear this kind of innovation, and SaGa Frontier was a good point because a lot of the things that people griped about in SaGa Frontier - the things you mentioned, as well - are still present in all the following games of the series, yet recieve much higher reviews than SaGa Frontier - which is strange, because they’re a lot harder, more complicated, and altogether kind of slower in pace (SF2 has more in-depth characters because the story is linear, but imo SF1 trumps it in every other aspect).

It also didn’t help that it came out around the same time as FF VII as well as being both the first SaGa game to come out in a long time as well as being the first one to actually be called a SaGa game. It probably was just too new at the time as well as being unfairly compared with an entirely different game to have gotten the score that it deserved back then.

All this talk of SaGa has reminded me of a fond moment from SF 2 that got me wanting to make a favorite moment thread on that olde SaGa forum (even if it is sorta dead right now).

I’ve played it a little bit so far. It is pretty cool so far, I like the story additions and the graphics are very nice. However, it feels like you gain money much slower than before, which is somewhat annoying and makes the game a little bit slower.

I found that the second playthrough is much easier. You don;t get your weapons and equipment from the previous game, but you keep your augments. I had Treasure Hunter and Level Lust equipped practically the whole way through. Helped a lot.